Php input to check against a file

ImprezaWill

I am not herein asking for anyone to do the work for me, i just need a point in the right direction, since i seem to keep backtracking. =)So my problem is this:On the website, i have 4 donation perks "boxes" (a list of perks someone will get as a thank you for donating). Now, i am putting an input form on the top, where a person could type in their name, and if userx has already donated before, but want to check what better perks he could get, he puts in his name, and then it shows only like say boxes 3 and 4. \[quote\] Boxes 1-4 = VIP, SuperVIP, EliteVIP, EliteModerator.\[/quote\]The form should check against a single file containing all the names/perks-packages, and its already nicely formatted like this:\[code\]hvv7: subgroups: [] permissions: [] group: SuperVipTEAR_GAS_TEDDY: subgroups: [] permissions: [] group: EliteVipKMoore11: subgroups: [] permissions: [] group: SuperVipEanEuropean: subgroups: [] permissions: [] group: Moderatorpowerwind: subgroups: [] permissions: [] group: Vip\[/code\]Again, i really just need a push in the right direction, but any help/answers will be much appreciated. Reason i am here today is because, i know of a few ways to check the word already, but what baffles me is checking the word, and then getting the info 3 lines down, having that return and then changing some div's visibily (to hide the ones userx already has)EDIT:Hmm, still researching, i wonder if it would be easier to just get the name/group into mysql, and then having the script just read that instead lol.