"pay for pr"?

AYArromyhoode

I've heard a few sites mention that some sites will be willing to pay for a link from a high PR site- is there any truth to this? how would I go about finding someone to "buy PR" from me? how much should I expect for a text link (on every page in our site) from our PR6 site?There are people who will pay for Linkage in order to receive some PR from you...How much you should expect to receive depends entirely on the amount of pages on the site that are PR4 or above.Just because the .com is PR6, all the other pages on your site may only be PR3.So, it's difficult to say without giving people more info. I wouldn't quit your day job just yet though People looking to buy PageRank from other sites should be a little careful.As PageRank is something which is not necessary that it will always move ascendingly. So its volatile in nature and changes with every Google PR and IBL update .And it might so happen you spent some bucks for getting ur link on a PR6 site and the sites PR goes down so you might not get the result for which you spend ur money. Instead one should go for Link popularity / Reciprocal Linking campaign.I know I am saying against the motion but its good general reading. For more information on Link popularity contact me.Cheers,For more information on Link popularity, post your questions in the forum, then everybody can learn cyberax: I'm looking to sell, not buy.Axe: lol, not "looking to quit my dayjob." I'm just trying to recoup some of the costs of hosting my site.we get 6,000~ unique hits a day, have a main site PR of 6, and most of the major subpages have a 5. we use 120 or so gb of bandwidth a month.do you have any suggestions for how to look for a site that's willing to pay for a link from us?what are you asking for, I'm thinking about doing the same thing, Ive got a forum and it's PR will be 6*1 + 5*20 4*400 by the next update, I'm not to sure what to charge for footer links tho6,000 unique page views? that's pretty good...120Gig/mo bandwidth? Wow, I'm getting about 6,000-8,000 unique page views per day on one of my sites, but it's only using 19-22Gig/mo of bandwidth... You might want to see where you might be able to optimize your pages a bit.we host some media- a few mp3s, some large high quality image files, sheet music, etc. well, these terms always confuse me a bit (and they don't seem to be very standard), but according to http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=disgu5t I get around 5,000 unique a day. this doesn't include some areas of the site though.how much could I gain back from advertising (and what would you recommend to do so) to regain some of the money from the costs of hosting? selling a PR link seems nice, since it wouldn't take up space on the page or give popups etc...how much do you figure (very roughly) I could make with google adsense?with AdSense I've no idea.. I don't use it myself.With the latest change in Google Adsense. Your content decides on what rate you will get for a banner ad. Sites which features Reviews gets more. (IMO) In general for a general forum with 5000 visitors daily could expect $150 per month (ofcourse this is based on what we get from Google Adsense from a spare domain kg2pg.net on which i started the India Forums website) and its doing fairly well.lhttp://www.kg2pg.net.But getting an account in Google Adsense is not as easy as other banner programmes.Basically they look for content sites.Cheers,Vijay Bhatterhere is fairly new and pretty interesting Link Auctionhttp://www.linkadage.com/Auction/XcAuctionPro.aspI think it can you give you some ideas on prices.One link on a single PR 6 page could go for about $25/month as a good price, as long as there are less than 10-20 other outbound links on the page, so you should be able to get around 250/month for a PR 6 page.Bear in mind though, if you sell too many links its likely your PR will drop because your internal pages won't be giving as much back.Depending on the amount of traffic you get, you could always add an "advertise" button/link and see if anyone inquires about it.yeah, on my forums, right under the link exchanges, I have a link to a thread I made about inquiring for link exchanges; I'm sure the same could be done for selling linksI know of a site http://www.webwombat.com.au/ with PR8 and they sell Text links under Premier Links at a very high price something around $600 as far as I remember.This is just for an idea. Cheers,