Parsing Script Help

liunx

Ok - so i found a cgi script on hotscripts.com that grabs information from my form and sends it to a file... here's what the file looks like:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.lebshiff.com/results/ris_datalogs/allformmjbyy64ecs/data/trading_form.list" target="_blank">http://www.lebshiff.com/results/ris_datalo...ading_form.list</a><br /><br />what's the best way to go about writing a script that'll turn the information into an html page that looks a little nicer? Sorry if this is an easy one, but I'm just learning this stuff....<br /><br />Caleb<!--content-->
HTML, by itself, creates static web pages. If you were on a Microsoft web server (which you're not with TCH), then ASP would provide the ability to pass variables and build dynamic pages. So you are left to using other languages - inserting PHP code inside an HTML page, for example, or writing a PERL script to build the HTML page for you.<br /><br />One thing with computer software, there is never one right answer, or one right way to do things, and I would rather borrow code already written and tweak it to my use than write new code from scratch!. To that end, I keep on my book shelf ...<br /><br />The HTML 4 Bible<br />PERL 5<br />The Javascript Bible<br />PHP/MySQL for Dummies<br />Active Server Pages (ASP) for Dummies<br /><br />And I use Google to find tutorials!<br /><br />Good luck!<br />kw<!--content-->
Dang... KW... you read the same stuff I do.<br /><br />chs22... if I'm not mistaken, I think I actally wrote the script for you on another thread.<br /><br />If that was someone else, forgive the mental lapse.<!--content-->
Yep... that was you.<br /><br />Your script is waiting on the other thread you wrote recently.<br /><br />I certainly don't expect payment... but if you'd like to make a donation to my IRS approved "church"... then father Surefire would absolve you of your worldly sins.<br /><br />(Totally kidding)<br /><br />By the by... cgi is just fine as a server side script... but I've read that PHP is much faster. Don't know this for fact... but it seems to be commonly accepted.<br /><br />Same goes for SSI... and less functionality. (But it's simple) <br /><br />But free advice is worth about what you paid for it...<!--content-->