Ozzu number 1 "webmaster forum" in Google

woowlfaimi

I was looking for some more forums to add to my webmaster forum link page - beneath Ozzu of course - and I noticed that you had moved to number one for "webmaster forum". Well done!I've heard of floating to the top, but that looked more like taking the express elevator right to the penthouse suite. Yup, I do not get much traffic from that keyword, but it is well targeted traffic and usually brings in forum members. I have been at that spot for about a week now I'm first in Google for free programming utilities without the quotes, but with the quotes I don't even show up, which seems odd because that used to be the page title and header1 until I changed it slightly just the other day. I don't get hardly any traffic from it, so I'm trying to improve my ranking for free programming tools - with the quotes I'm on the first page of results and without I'm at the top of the second page. People seem to search for that variation more often than utilites.I've gotta get more inbound links. I'm stuck at third for "free programming resources". I'm assuming it's because the guy above me with two listings has a higher page rank. A good place to go to see how often people search for your keyword is:http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/To get an estimate for Google you pretty much multiply the results there by 10 or so, or just realize you would get much more from Google. This place is a good place to compare keywords with one another though to see which one is the best/most popular.Yes, I've used that before. It's pretty good. I know "free programming resources" isn't all that popular a phrase. It's more the principle of the thing. It irks me that somebody else comes in first when that's the name of my site.Yeah I know what you mean I bet if you had a few more backlinks u would be number one for your keyword.Thanks for posting it Bigwebmaster.My signature script is number one if you search for magic signature :pb_heyer wrote:lolI was just at the google dance site and searched all 9 data centers and it looks like I moved into first after all for free programming resources. It also seems that ozzu is now number one for webmaster forum with or without the quotes, or maybe it was like that already and I just didn't notice.By the way, aren't we overdue for another google dance?Yeah we seem to be way overdue for a google dance. Not sure what is going on, but backlinks haven't updated in a long time.I believe Ozzu was ranked #1 for webmaster forum with and without quotes, not positive though.Does anyone know if it really makes a difference if you're called, say:free-programming-resources.comorfreeprogrammingresources.com?You were complaining about not being listed as #1 earlier when that was the name of your site for the search terms "free programming resources", and it could be that without the space between words that google doesn't recognize any of those bonus points.On the other hand -- could it be possible that Google is so tired of all those additional domain names being used to gain points in rankings that they might actually turn out to be a DISADVANTAGE one day???Seems unlikely...but hey...I personally do not think that the domain really has any effect on your rankings for certain keywords. Ozzu itself will prove my point. Currently, as I am writing this Ozzu is still number 1 for Webmaster Forum (although I am seeing indications now that I am moving to #3), even though you do not see webmaster forum anywhere in the domain ozzu.com. It is currently ahead of domains that do spell it out like webmaster-forum.net or webmasterforum.com. I am not positive if it plays any role or gives you any bonus points, but I do not think the domain name is essential to getting ranks. I think what is essential is the type of content you have on the webpage, and what you decide to use between the title tags on your site. Also another important factor is how people link to you. If they link to you with keywords that do not pertain to your site, then that wouldn't help you for the words you want. Now if they link to you using important keywords such as "Webmaster Forum" then that will definetely increase your ranking in Google. Google definetely looks at this.Branding is far more powerful than keyword placement in domain names, plus you don't have to compete with anyone when typing Ozzu into google. Google gives much more reward for text in external and internal links. Just have a readup on Google Bombing and you'll see what I mean.Rob