Need Recommendation For Information

liunx

I want a web page that has a search function that pulls up database info based on search.<br /><br />I have seen programs that allow you to create a database, and they create web pages to do that.<br />Ex: h**p://www.dbqwiksite.com/<br />Is that a good program, or are there better I should consider. Is that a good route to take?<br />Or do I upload/install a script that will generate a page and link to a database (like a forum scipt does)?<br /><br /><br />The kind of information that needs to be retrieved is a spreadsheet type result. <br />Not looking for shopping cart capabilities though I guess Zen Cart could be used for something like that...<br />Ex: put in zip code, get list of companies in zip, put in type of application and get a list of products that can do that, with links to product pages (already built, or generated by script).<!--content-->
If you already have a database you only need to learn how to write queries in PHP and you can format the output how ever you like for the results.<br /><br />The MySQL/PHP for Dummies is a good guide on getting started. <br /><br />I have used <a href="http://www.websitedatabases.com/phpmagic-overview.html" target="_blank">PHPMagic</a> which is similar.<!--content-->