Need Advice: Which prog lang is best for my app?

liunx

In general we have used C++ in Borland CBuilder5 to create all of our applications. They have all been Windows based and have included comprehensive GUIs.<br /><br />We are now required to create an application that could possibly run on several different platforms ranging from Windows to Unix and possibly Linux.<br /><br />We do not want to have code a seperate application for Windows and one for Unix and so on. It would be nice to create one code and perhaps just have different binaries. If this were a command line code, obviously C/C++ would suffice, but the the application requires a GUI that includes buttons, menus, plotting of data, manipulation of plots (zoom, pan, tilt), "playing" of data sets in a plot over time, i.e. allowing user to see the data one frame at a time or allow the user to play the frames.<br /><br />I would like to know what my options are for doing this. For ex: Is the best approach something like .NET or Java, or perhaps a client-server approach where the server runs using C/C++ and the client is a web-based application?<br /><br />Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I do not have much experience in the latest technologies that provide this sort of approach.
</div>