Mobile/PDA/SmartPhone Mod

mastram

This add-on will detect most mobile phones, iPhones, PDAs and other mobile browsing devices and automatically for the user to a specific vBulletin style.

What can it do?
Detects most mobile phones and force the user to a specific style (users will not be able to select other styles from a mobile device with this add-on installed). If you have multiple styles installed which are optimized for small screen mobile devices, iPhones, WIndows Mobile devices you can assign a specific style to each of these groups.

Whilst designed with mobile device users in mind, you could also assign styles to self defined browsers. For example you can assign an alternative style to Internet Explorer users whilst Firefox users get the default style. You could also assign an alternative style to Google or Yahoo spiders.

Instructions:
0. Install styles which you wish to assign to Mobile/PDA/iPhone users - some links will appear at the bottom of this post
1. Download the product file
2. Install via Product Manager
3. Configure options via vBulletin Options, Mobile Device Detection (should appear at end)
4. Start browsing from your mobile device!

netmatrix

Thank you mastram for putting this mod on here. I got it installed in my site, but for some reason I can't get it to size down to fit the screen of a BlackBerry or a BlackJack smart phone. Members still have to scroll left to right. I'm working on trying to figure out how to fix this problem, but I will get it eventually. Thank you again for putting this on here. It will make members happy at my site.

silks

this is great and works well but what if my domain goes to my cmps page ~

for example all my website users only know mypage.co.uk

for them to use my site on a mobile they would have to use mypage.co.uk/forum which most of them are unaware of, is there anyway i can edit something where if they typed just the domain it would redirect the to the mypage.co.uk/forum for just mobile users

i know its a fussy request but saves my users messing around as they arnt very technophobic

thx in adv

mastram

I don't Think this is what you asking for. You want something which Redirects users automatically whereas this code doesn't solve this purpose. Still I am posting it as you requested.

===========================================================

Best way to get vbadvanced to work with this style is to not use it. Edit your adv_portal template and replace it's contents wit something like

Code:
$stylevar[htmldoctype]
<html dir="$stylevar[textdirection]" lang="$stylevar[languagecode]" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>$vboptions[hometitle] <if condition="$pagetitle">- $pagetitle</if></title>

$headinclude

</head>
<body>

$header

$navbar
<p><a href="forum.php">Portal disabled for Mobile Devices.  Click here to go to Forums</a></p>

$footer

</body>
</html>

Change the "forum.php" link to be your forums home page.

If you wanted to and had the time to work it out, you could probably strip back vbadvanced with in this style and still have some content there...