“Can't find the valid AspnetMergePath” on Visual Web Developer Publish?

shbaby

I am wanting to use Visual Web Developer to publish a website, pre-compiled to a remote server over FTP using the following settings:
  • Deploy only files needed to run this application
  • Precompile this application before publishing
  • Allow website to be updatable
  • No databases are being deployed
  • Site is being deployed as file hierarchy, not as .zip package
My first build/deploy seemed to have gone well, but after my second compilation I receive the following error:\[code\]Transformed web.config using C:\path_to_site\Web.Debug.config into obj\Debug\TransformWebConfig\transformed\web.config.Copying all files to temporary location below for package/publish:eek:bj\Debug\AspnetCompileMerge\Source.C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.5\Web\Transform\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.AspNetCompileMerge.targets(132,5): Error : Can't find the valid AspnetMergePath\[/code\]I am able to work around this problem by changing the publish settings to delete all existing files before publishing works fine. However, this is not at all ideal.There does not appear to be an AspMergePath tag in my web.config. I am not aware if I am supposed to manually add the tag.The path "obj{publish setting}\AspnetCompileMerge\Source" does seem to exist in my project.And in case it matters, my project name is "TestProject.NET"Your feedback is appreciated- Pritchard