Kier Darby leaving Jelsoft.

Mr. C

Code:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1747404&postcount=297

Kier said:
Seeing as the information has already leaked, it is apparent that my continued silence on the matter is only leading to further speculation, so here are the facts.

Some time ago, I submitted my resignation and have since been working through my notice period. When this period is completed, I will no longer be the vBulletin lead developer, nor an employee of Jelsoft in another role.

I will not go into further details at this time, except to say that the decision to leave was my own, and was not the result of a staffing reshuffle by Internet Brands, who are indeed in the process of hiring more people for the vBulletin team.

What do you guys think about the lead developer leaving vBulletin? I personally don't like it. That means IB will probably put one of their lackeys in his place. Meaning a product which isn't worth the time of people. Although IB (Internet Brands) had nothing to do with it, I have a strong feeling they will ruin vBulletin.

DON

Yeah Kier is gone and many others.

I think Freddie, Scott, Steve, Wayne, and a few others are left... Most I'd say 70% have left after IB bought vB and the staff DIDN'T like the new direction.

if vB dies.. looks like vbteam might too... we might have to become IPBteam or a new board...

D4rk Avenger

DON said:
Yeah Kier is gone and many others.

I think Freddie, Scott, Steve, Wayne, and a few others are left... Most I'd say 70% have left after IB bought vB and the staff DIDN'T like the new direction.

if vB dies.. looks like vbteam might too... we might have to become IPBteam or a new board...

Now a new board developed by vBTeam would be good. They could use their knowledge to make it as un-nullable as they can.

Think of the possibilities

Ab.Nath

"Kier's made decisions for vBulletin (and the rest of the team) were passionate, but Ray's made decisions are clearly business-oriented, and that's the difference between them.

So the question, are we getting what we're paying for, Ray?

No public beta is for fast beta process, and hopefully for an effective one.

Thanks Kier, we will miss you, and miss your contribution to the software." - Milado

Supporting it fully
but we will miss you always

it's time to go back to free resource now , phpbb if vb indeed is over without the main creators :(
and i also hate Internet Brands buying vb
sadly , but it's the truth

DON

Ab.Nath said:
"Kier's made decisions for vBulletin (and the rest of the team) were passionate, but Ray's made decisions are clearly business-oriented, and that's the difference between them.

So the question, are we getting what we're paying for, Ray?

No public beta is for fast beta process, and hopefully for an effective one.

Thanks Kier, we will miss you, and miss your contribution to the software." - Milado

Supporting it fully
but we will miss you always

it's time to go back to free resource now , phpbb if vb indeed is over without the main creators :(
and i also hate Internet Brands buying vb
sadly , but it's the truth
phpbb isn't the best.. I'd move to IPB or find another new solution... LOTS of forum software out there.

Mr. C

Fjeddy said:
Fresh blood into the company might be a good thing!

That's not necessarily true. IB's only concern is your money. Their devs aren't exactly the nicest either, unlike the originals.

Mr. C

I strongly doubt it. It would kill the modification community. Anyways, when someone brought that up on vBulletin.org, I remember members were going crazy over it, saying they were going IP.Board if Jelsoft ever did Ioncube it's products.

DON

Mr. C said:
I strongly doubt it. It would kill the modification community. Anyways, when someone brought that up on vBulletin.org, I remember members were going crazy over it, saying they were going IP.Board if Jelsoft ever did Ioncube it's products.
Developers are ALREADY pissed any moving. Beta is going to be ONLY available for a few members. No one will have access or no MEMBER... till Gold is released...

as for IB... never know, I think they MAY lean to ioncube, now that Ray has seens vBTEAM :p

Ioncube = no more vbteam and also no 3rd party addons....

I think IB WANTS NO!!! 3rd party addons, so THEY can create them all and no one else can... they make more $$$ this way....

IB = greedy!