Is it Illegal?

eclipse245

Well is it illegal if I used this Nulled vBulletin, and if so, how do I make it so it doesn't say "Run by vBulletin etc." at the bottom of the page just like here it just says: "[ vBTEAM & GYSN Network ] " so is it illegal too?

eclipse245

So then I might as well just not use it or I will be paying what like $1000? I am better off not using it right?

Itsuki Minami

someone put a rule to not ask this all people knows it's illegal is like donwloading cracked soft, you know it's illegal you still using it, ya it's illegal and nothing worst than closing your site will happen, it's just matter of luck

eclipse245

So you don't get fined or anything, they just close your site? No police will knock on my door and I don't have to pay a fine?

Itsuki Minami

well jelsoft won't do that they will lost to much money begining a legal process against you the site close and that's all xD then you chage hosting and tada xD your online again xD

eclipse245

Well has anyone reported being caught, because if this is going to screw me over money-wise, I might as well just go with SMF

ryu

For the 50th million times, I'm going to repeat this. Buy a license or get offshore hosting.

eclipse245

Alright well I can't afford the liscence lol and Offshore hosting, any suggested ones that are rather cheap...Let's say no more than $45 a year....and about 80GB Bandwith?

Also may I know why offshore and not let's say in the US?

Gantz

eclipse245 said:
Well is it illegal if I used this Nulled vBulletin, and if so, how do I make it so it doesn't say "Run by vBulletin etc." at the bottom of the page just like here it just says: "[ vBTEAM & GYSN Network ] " so is it illegal too?

Yes it's illegal, if your caught using a nulled version of Vbulletin. you'll be put to death immediately.

of course I'm kidding. :) they'll most likely just shut down your website or give you an option to purchase the real thing.

eclipse245

But why use an offshore server, or what difference will it make, and what is the chance of being caught...You see a clan member owns the server...it's a dedi...so will the server be shut down or what? Because I am really thinking about SMF lol.

Shinn

Wont matter what server your on really. As long as nobody reports you your fine, theres so many nulled copies out there that they can't control it. Trust me theres no Vbulletin Secret Police hunting down policy violators lol.

xenoth

The big question is, do you go offshore for maybe 5$ more per month, or pay hundres of $$$ right now for fully licensed scripts.... I know the answer to this question, its a no brainer.

eclipse245

The problem is, I am trying to start up a rather big GFX site, and if I get caught, I will lose everything and that will just screw EVERYTHING over.

.v0id

eclipse245 said:
But why use an offshore server, or what difference will it make, and what is the chance of being caught...You see a clan member owns the server...it's a dedi...so will the server be shut down or what? Because I am really thinking about SMF lol.
Think about MyBB ;)

pspGATE

eclipse245 said:
The problem is, I am trying to start up a rather big GFX site, and if I get caught, I will lose everything and that will just screw EVERYTHING over.

Hey,
I just saw your message. Me too i like vBulletin alot but when i started my forum i started with Nulled VB then i went to SMF, phpBB3 and then Finally MyBB. As MyBB have many features like VB even it looks like.
ADMIN CP is also Like VBULLETIN and Specially it's FREE ;)

Well. BUT for this this ,
eclipse245 said:
YOU CAN make the backup of your database every night. It's NOT a problem really. BUT EVEN ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL ;)

Enjoy!

FAISAL!