Is Formmail limited, or is it me?

liunx

I recently created a form using the standard Formmail (Matt Wright's version) and everything was working just fine, surprisingly well actually. However, now I'd like to add an "Attach File" field, i.e. where users can browse to attach and send a file along with the form contents.

When I test this, the actual file isn't forwarded to me, the file name is just listed in the email with the other field data. I tried to get help from my ISP, no luck. They said they support uploaded files, but couldn't help me modify the script.

My question is, can I modify Formmail to make this work, or do I have to use another script?

If I have to use another script, is that something most ISPs accommodate?

I'm just a novice, so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sharon

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> my experience at trying to send files using a script (Formmail or others) and sendmail, it never works, that's not to say its not possible, but I don't know how to do it and this question has been asked a few times and none of the suggestions have worked. If you figure it out please post the answer.

Regards,
KevinThanks, Kevin.

I'll still keep hope alive though. If anyone has any thoughts on this one, I'd be excited to hear from you.

SharonPerhaps this will help, although it will launch from the default mail program:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlgoodies.com/attach.htmlThanks">http://www.htmlgoodies.com/attach.htmlThanks</a><!-- m --> for the replies. Though it looks like I won't be able to use this input tag (because I was hoping users would be able to attached Word documents primarily), at least now I know I'm not alone in failing to make this work.

Sharonwhat if there was an in browser ftp which limited the file formats uploaded to be only MS-Word Doc's? I'm thinking you could activate both the script and the upload when they click a submit button.

destroying another calendar as he searches for another weekend
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:What do you mean by in browser FTP? Browsers already support FTP. PLus WIndows does too.... click on START>>RUN then type FTP in the dialog box, type HELP to get a list of commands. You don't need to use a seperate FTP program but they are convenient and versatile.

Regards,
KevinYes, browsers and Windows both support FTP. But browser-ftp is not meant for full-fledged FTP use, only for Download ing, and Windows' FTP has limited features and a difficult command-line interface.