is 80`s a type of music?

<br />
<br />
when I think of all the music I like, I take a look at my Ipod and I see that I listen to rock, pop, techno and J-pop, but they all have one thing in common, they were all made in the 80`s<br />
<br />
I cant never say what type of music is my favourite because I listen to a lot of stuffs!<br />

strawberrylove

Uh yeah, I'd say the 80's is definitely a type of music. My mom actually has a whole set of CDs called something like Sound of the 80's?

hookerln

it's actually several types of music. hair bands, new wave British pop, the beginning of alternative, the rebirth of rockabilly, and probably a few more. the 80's was really an important decade for music. i hate to admit it, but it was most likely due to MTV. all of a sudden bands who probably wouldn't get radio airplay could get massive exposure just by making a video. i remember when MTV first came on the air, there wasn't a whole lot of music videos to choose from, mostly just Ted Nugent, Journey, and psychedelic 60's hippie stuff. so they would play pretty much any music video a band sent them. this exposed the world to so much more music that they probably would have never heard otherwise. and if you don't believe that they played anything they got their hands on, look up a video by the band Barnes & Barnes called Fish Heads.