Index Question for the Gurus

ZighDeese

Anyone ever heard of someone getting every page of their website indexed except the homepage. I seem to have this problem. All subdomains indexed but my domain (index.htm) page is nowhere to be found. I thought Googlebot didn't bother deep scaning if it didn't want to index your homepage. Yes, I recall talking with someone who had this exact problem. It was awhile ago in an email, I am looking for it now, so far no luck...damn Outlook If your page does not appear at all, here are some other possible explanations. Your site may not have been reachable when we tried to crawl it because of network or hosting problems. When this happens, we retry multiple times, but if the site cannot be crawled, it will not be listed in our current index. If it was a transient problem, your site will likely show up in the next index, which will be completed in a few weeks. A technical glitch on our side may have caused us to 'miss' your site. In crawling more than 3 billion pages every few weeks, our system experiences hiccups from time to time. Again, this is a transient problem, and your site will likely show up in the next index. Please be patient with us during this period, as we are not able to modify our index by hand to add sites missed in this way. The contents of your page or the links pointing to your page changed significantly and you no longer have a sufficiently high PageRank, or your page had low PageRank to begin with and a small change caused you to be dropped from the Google index. Your page was manually removed from our index, because it did not conform with the quality standards necessary to assign accurate PageRank. We will not comment on the individual reasons a page was removed and we do not offer an exhaustive list of practices that can cause removal. However, certain actions such as cloaking, writing text that can be seen by search engines but not by users, or setting up pages/links with the sole purpose of fooling search engines may result in permanent removal from our index. If you think your site may fall into this category, you might try 'cleaning up' the page and sending a re-inclusion request to [email protected]. We do not make any guarantees about if or when we will re-include your site.