In your opinion, did Obama succeed in weaning himself from his heavy dependence on teleprompters?

suthrngal

Excerpts<br />
<br />
SCREEN SAVORER<br />
According to several Democrat political consultants presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama spent part of his Hawaiian vacation working on weaning himself from a heavy dependence on teleprompters. Even in what are staged as "town hall" events for Obama, remarks are scripted or formatted into bullet points that scroll on teleprompter screens. Obama has had several embarrassing events where the teleprompter either malfunctioned or the screens were not fully visible."He just locks down and can't get the words out," says one political consultant. "For such a fine speaker, it's really quite remarkable that he's had issues."<br />
<br />
Obama's troubles with unscripted moments contributed to his campaign's refusal to participate in town hall format debates or discussions with Sen. John McCain, who feels much more comfortable in the unscripted moments.<br />
<br />
<br />
http//www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13742<br />
<br />

Didn't see it at the Saddleback Forum.

The guys a lawyer. When on his own answering questions, he resorts to sounding like a lawyer. We saw that at Saddleback. Every answer had qualifications and some were evasive. There were instances where you could see him parsing his words very carefully, like when answering why he wouldn't have nominated Clarence Thomas. At least he's not using legal terms.

McCain on the other hand answers like the soldier he is. Direct and to the point.

ThomasSR

He gave a noticeably weak, inept performance even at a relatively "easy" event like last weekends Saddleback conference. Maybe he should take another week off to practice some more.

MadLibs

McCain reads from notecards and prompters all of the time. At least Obama is good at it! McCain is horrible.

SmooveB

I would venture to guess that no, he didn't. I haven't heard his camp jumping to agree to any town hall debates.

Maybe job one of an Obama administration would be to outlaw unscripted remarks. Every conversation we have with each other would require the questions to be submitted in advance.

Quinn22

HIs problem isn't that he doesn't know how to say something. He is very good at that. It is when he has to actually think. Then he locks down so he doesn't offend one of the many whack job organizations that support him. Simply saying what is obvious offends these types.

Practice all he wants, there is no way for him to remember what all the whack jobs want him to say. This is why he supports our enemies with such frequency. That is one thing all the whack jobs agree on.

FBH

To tell the truth, if it was me? I?d need more than a teleprompter to wedge the words out. My job requires me to speak to every employee in our company (about 32 people, most of the time). I not only work everyday with these people, but I hangout with most of them from time to time. I can honestly say, I still get tongue-tied when it?s my turn to address them ?all?.

I can feel Obama?s pain.

ProDeusEtPatria

LMAO... I can't believe some people are still left talking about such idiocy....

Obama is an outstanding speaker, which is why he draws crowds, which is why he gets more press, which is why the jealous right wing calls it media bias. He was especially deft at this artform at Saddleback Church. I'm sure even McCain enjoyed listening in his limo on the way over.

In the upcoming debates, McCain is going to get HAMMERED. As soon as he has used up his POW stories, it will be ON.

Do you have anything important to discuss? Anything of gravitas and meaning to American lives? Or is this what you base your decisions on? Is this how you decide to cast the vote that people died making sure you have?

PATHETIC.