ImpEx problems (IPB=>VB)

Kazuya17

Hello everyone,

I have been using IPB for years and made the switch cause of the many addons vB has to offer (thanks to this community).

I'm using mmmxiv's premodded board and switching using ImpEx. So far no major problems except for that I want the members to keep their Display Name as username. Anyone knows a way to do that?

Also, I used to have around 40 usergroups dedicated as clan/guild groups that all have their own separate permission sets for their own private clansection. Is there anyway WITHOUT reinstalling everyone in new Vb groups to transfer from the old one? Since every member/group is sort of auto-banned (even after running "after import"/cleaner.php). It's also a real pain to set every groups permissions cause of the many installed mods, can I set a primary group (registered) and apply 1 full permission set and separate clan-only set for each group? So basically clan "Apple" gets registered for normal sections+ Apply-only permissions for Apple-section.

Hope people can make some sense out of this...

Other than that I love vBulletin and am glad to switch.

Cheers

Daemon

try to search some more convertors , just google it ) and while converting always keep the db backup .