Image creation with C# (ASP)

liunx

Hi there,

I'm thinking about the possibility of creating images based upon a information stored in a DB.

I know that is possible using C#, I've tested and it worked fine, but what I really would like to learn is if by creating multiple images at the same time, will it slow down the server.

I've be studying other possibilities like SVG where the image is created in the client's computer, but the users have to Download a file, which I'd love they didn't have too.

If anybody has another solution, I'll thank him/her very much. :D
The images will vectors (with their coordenates stored in the database)

Thanks!I will move this to the .NET forum where most of the C# guys are.

Regards.Depends on the load and the hardware. I do the same in VB.NET, and haven't had issues with the server bogging down. However, the load isn't particularly heavy, the databases are on a dedicated server, and both servers are fairly high spec.

If you can predict what will be requested ahead of time, you can generate some or all of the images ahead of time and store them in the database. However, if images are highly unpredicatable and highly unique, there won't be much opportunity for prerendering or recycling.

If you really find that you need more CPU power to handle image generation, you could offload image generation to one or more other machines instead of making the web server handle everything by itself.