If I buy a PSP bundle from Gamestop, but I don't want the game, can I return the game but keep the P

Infernus

Like I want to get the Daxter bundle pack (the one with the silver ice PSP) but I'm not a fan of Daxter. So would I be able to purchase the PSP bundle, then return just the game?<br />

ihartjim

Gamestop buys back used games, so they'll take back Daxter, but you won't get refunded for the full purchase of course. I'm not sure how much they pay for PsP games but i'm sure it's somewhere in the market of 10-15 bucks.

nmperna

No, sorry, their return policy is that if you buy a bundle, you can only return it as a bundle unless their are manufacturer's errors. You're out of luck, man.

ithequixotic

You can sell the game back to them for whatever the current trade-in value is, but you can't return it as a new game. Gamestop can not legally re-sell the game as new and the bundle usually states that the individual components are not for individual sale for that very reason.

Try selling it on ebay or craigs list and you may get a better price.

-------------------------

Ok this is really annoying. You CAN NOT RETURN THE GAME FROM THE BUNDLE!!!!!! You can SELL/TRADE IT FOR STORE CREDIT. YOU CAN NOT TRADE 1 GAME FOR ANOTHER unless the store credit is as much as the game you are buying. Gamestop won't give you much for it. Generally speaking, bundled software and accessories do not fetch very high store credit. The Edge Card (which you have to pay for) might get you an extra dollar at best.

I managed Funcolands for 5 years. Software etc (Gamestop) bought them in the early 2000's. That's where Game Informer and the 'Edge Card', as it's now called, came from. I additionally worked at Software etc for another 4 years... first as a key holder and then part-time while in school. So I know what I'm talking about. Sell it privately if you want a little more money, or trade it to a reseller... but you can't 'return' it!

the way it works is like this

you get the bundle, you have them TRADE IN the game that comes with it. you CANNOT return the item for a refund, you MUST trade it in. if you have the Edge card, you will get an extra 10% added on to the amount of the game. this amount will come off of the PSP price.

wizardsfan

I got the daxter(silver ice PSP) bundle pack back in april at best buy and its great
i went to gamestop a couple days ago 8/19/08 and i asked how much it would be if i traded in daxter of you cant sell games back for full price and plus i bought it a long time ago so the used price went down also

but yes you can return the game after you buy the bundle pack

ps im not a fan of daxter either

hope this helps