I Need SMS Capabilities

Mr-Ice-Man

bulletin said:
i am using sms capabilities 3.7.x version, its compatible with 3.8.1 version aswell as, try it.

Mate seeing as your useing it can you tell me how you type your mobile number in, do you have to put +44 and then your number?

bulletin

Mr-Ice-Man said:
Mate seeing as your useing it can you tell me how you type your mobile number in, do you have to put +44 and then your number?

yes you need to put country code before your mobile number. +44 is right way to start your number with.

smile2me said:
any one have it please upload it to make benefit to everyone here

i have attached sms 1.2 for you, this mod i use for my site.

Kena

very nice dude!

but what is product-robwoelich.com-sms_companies.-3nov08.xml exactly please?

is it necessary to install?

dlcomplete

Thanks bulletin.
How to use this mod i can't find options in my forum how to send sms.
Only found in vbulletin options.

bulletin

Kena said:
very nice dude!

but what is product-robwoelich.com-sms_companies.-3nov08.xml exactly please?

is it necessary to install?

this was the updated version from sms 1.1 so first upload this product xml file and then upload product-robwoelich.com-sms.xml file later upload bitfield_sms.xml from your ftp, just upload in includes/xml folder if you have TMS mod installed on your site, you do not have to edit your template, but if its not installed, then read this file templateedits-robwoelich.com-sms.txt

its necessary to install, otherwise this mod will not work, all settings are inside product-robwoelich.com-sms_companies.-3nov08.xml file

dlcomplete said:
Thanks bulletin.
How to use this mod i can't find options in my forum how to send sms.
Only found in vbulletin options.

read above, i have explained how to use this mod.

bulletin

dlcomplete said:
Thanks bulletin but where can i find send sms link,button or anything like that.

you are welcome. once you have installed the product and xml file to the server, you need to give usergroup permission and then go to vbulletin options and set permission for text messaging, later go to email option and allow your site members to send email to other members, only then this service will work. once this is done, you are ready to go for sms services.

dlcomplete

bulletin said:
you are welcome. once you have installed the product and xml file to the server, you need to give usergroup permission and then go to vbulletin options and set permission for text messaging, later go to email option and allow your site members to send email to other members, only then this service will work. once this is done, you are ready to go for sms services.
My pleasure bulletin one more question please......
Is it possible to add more cell phone providers because i am from Pakistan and it does'nt have any provider from Pak.

bulletin

dlcomplete said:
My pleasure bulletin one more question please......
Is it possible to add more cell phone providers because i am from Pakistan and it does'nt have any provider from Pak.

yes sure you can add it, all you need is your pakistan mobile network email gateway, if you know email gateway of your mobile network, you can add it, or else i will add it for you.

one more thing found small bug in 3.8.1 version, i have recently fixed that bug, if anybody who installed sms mod, just upgrade this mod by over riding your existing product.

dlcomplete

bulletin said:
yes sure you can add it, all you need is your pakistan mobile network email gateway, if you know email gateway of your mobile network, you can add it, or else i will add it for you.

one more thing found small bug in 3.8.1 version, i have recently fixed that bug, if anybody who installed sms mod, just upgrade this mod by over riding your existing product.
Thanks so much Gateway Means WAP OR MMS Gateway.

bulletin

Mr-Ice-Man said:
Im putting +44 but im not getting the test text.

Dont put +, just put 44 and then your 10 digits mobile number.

Is your mobile number registered with email gateway of your mobile network?

dlcomplete said:
Thanks so much Gateway Means WAP OR MMS Gateway.

no, not wap or mms gateway. its email gateway. For example vodafone email gateway would be [email protected]