I intend to stop my incapacity benefit shortly but need to go bankrupt?

MichaelC

I have claimed for 23 years incapacity benefit and now my depression and being paranoid etc has gone intend to get my gp to sign me fit for work very soon, i do still have back pain, knee pain, but feel these are not good enough to continue claiming that benefit.<br />
<br />
I owe about £60000 debts and will only be living for a while on my industrial injuries benefit of appx £228 per month, i will have to go bankrupt but will need the cash of nearly £500 to do so, should i wait a couple of weeks before stopping my incapacity benefit to amount the money for bankruptcy or do the right thing and stop asp? i have already informed my gp i'm no longer depressed etc, i can handle the bankrupt thing if i get help from payplan who currently handle my DMP or otherwise i may need to ask the cab to help, if i can just get the bankruptcy forms to fill in, is it true a local county court can take my bankruptcy petition?.<br />
<br />
Any help on these subjects or even the bankruptcy forms on line or via email [email protected] will be gratefully appreciated. <br />

why have you been on sick for so long u say knee pain and depression and back pain you could have worked as a customer service officer or simple admin. Go back to work u bum

Maggs

I'm so pleased to her that you feel so much better and it's so refreshing to hear of someone who wants to come off benefits. Good for you. I wish I could be more help in answering your question but all I can suggest is that you go to your local CAB and talk it over with their financial person.
I wish you the best of luck.