.htacces Log Error

liunx

I just look to error log files and find next line:<br /><br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[Thu Mar  3 09:28:36 2005] [alert] [client 217.234.241.2] /home/account/public_html/.htaccess: Missing regular expression for SetEnvIf<br />[Thu Mar  3 09:28:36 2005] [alert] [client 217.234.241.2] /home/account/public_html/.htaccess: Missing regular expression for SetEnvIf<br />3 09:13:08 2005] [alert] [client 81.171.3.2] /home/account/public_html/.htaccess: Missing envariable expression for SetEnvIf<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />What it means and where to look forpossible errors?<!--content-->
The .htaccess file located at /home/account/public_html/.htaccess contains a SetEnvIf directive that is not properly set up.<br /><br />The proper syntax of SetEnvIf is:<br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->SetEnvIf attribute regex env-variable[=value][env-variable[=value]] ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br />This is an example of using SetEnvIf to set an environment variable when an image file is requested:<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.gif$" object_is_image=gif<br />SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.jpg$" object_is_image=jpg<br />SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.xbm$" object_is_image=xbm<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br />The regex in the SetEnvIf directive ("\.gif$", "\.jpg$", "\.xbm$" in the above examples) tell the web server what condition the attribute (Request_URI in this example - the file path / name) needs to satisfy before setting the environment variable. The error messages showing up in your logs are saying that your SetEnvIf directive has no regex at all (or there is something else wrong that is preventing the web server from reading it properly).<!--content-->
Thanks but do you mind if i send you PM to look into my .htaccess file becasue i do not see what is wrong.<br />It is a huge .htaccess!<br /><br />Thanks<!--content-->
I cannot "look into" your .htaccess file as I do not have access to your account (and do not want access to it). If your .htaccess file is really large, probably the best thing to do is to copy your .htaccess file to a regular file name (like htaccess.txt - no leading "."), then you could PM me with the URL where I can view the file.<!--content-->
PM sent.<br /><br />Thanks<!--content-->