How to get a part of CSS code to JavaScript/jQuery?

bgoeijpribb

I have asked a question few days ago and I got a answer, that wasn't truly answering it but it gave me an idea... The code below was in that answer and I quite understood it after a moment...Except one part. I wanted to animate some radial gradients and that guy made a jQuery plugin that wasn't doing what I wanted but it at least was some base. So the part that I don't understand is the one with command \[code\].match(\d+/g))\[/code\]He somehow (if I am right) got the RGB from the gradient and than used it to animate between the two colors. I tried to find something on google and jQ documentation but I wasn't able to find something startable with.So my question is how can I get some stuff out of CSS like parts of gradients etc.? I want to make a gradient animating plugin for jQuery but I can't until I figure out how to change only parts of css attribs without changing the whole one as the guy did.-- His example\[code\]jQuery.fx.step.gradient = function(fx) {if (fx.state == 0) { //On the start iteration, convert the colors to arrays for calculation. fx.start = fx.elem.style.background.match(/\d+/g); //Parse original state for numbers. Tougher because radial gradients have more of them fx.start[0] = parseInt(fx.start[0]); fx.start[1] = parseInt(fx.start[1]); fx.start[2] = parseInt(fx.start[2]); fx.end = fx.end.match(/\d+/g); fx.end[0] = parseInt(fx.end[0]); fx.end[1] = parseInt(fx.end[1]); fx.end[2] = parseInt(fx.end[2]);}fx.elem.style.background = "-webkit-linear-gradient(rgb(" + [ Math.max(Math.min(parseInt((fx.pos * (fx.end[0] - fx.start[0])) + fx.start[0]), 255), 0), Math.max(Math.min(parseInt((fx.pos * (fx.end[1] - fx.start[1])) + fx.start[1]), 255), 0), Math.max(Math.min(parseInt((fx.pos * (fx.end[2] - fx.start[2])) + fx.start[2]), 255), 0) ].join(",") + ")," + "rgb(0,0,0))";}$(this).animate({"gradient": "rgb(0, 255, 0)"});\[/code\]--David