How long dmoz list for a site.

MadHacker

Anyone here know how long DMOZ review and list a site,and how to know which site has been rejected by editor.? Quote: Anyone here know how long DMOZ review and list a site,and how to know which site has been rejected by editor.? May be forever. Depends on category.. please make sure that you follow dmoz policy, and make sure that you read everything they got listed in there, typically its easy to get in dmoz if your very famaliar with there system, if you haven't been linked in dmoz with then 2-3 months try it again, the reason I say this is because i know dmoz editors, and most of the time if you don't get approved by one editor, it usually gets passed on to the next, or if that editor don't look at it its get passed onto the next one, or actually if they don't approve it you will not know, or will they tell you, but resubmit it, and another editor will see it. dmoz i tried but didn't able to get it through and now a days its not taking any submission It takes 3-6 months I guess! Quote: Originally Posted by smith Anyone here know how long DMOZ review and list a site,and how to know which site has been rejected by editor.? Wait for 6 months, it is the shortest possible length of review in terms of ODP submission I started submitting my website to DMOZ since September last year, and until now it's not there yet. Just submitted it again a few days ago, let wait and see.

But some people said that DMOZ index their site in 2 weeks. you can never can tell... Quote: Originally Posted by gUrLaLiEn you can never can tell... Right, our site haven't approved yet, the possibility of DMOZ' approval would take 1 out of billions of chance. :p I like Dmoz but fear it will die like all the directories that eventually do. DMOZ may need to notify "New job opened for Editors 1,000 pisitions",... Relax.... Quote: I like Dmoz but fear it will die like all the directories that eventually do. They kind of deserve it. It's an out-of-date business model. Just have hope and pray that your site will be listed. Quote: Originally Posted by smith Anyone here know how long DMOZ review and list a site,and how to know which site has been rejected by editor.? It may never happen. Just make sure the catagory is correct, pray there is more then 1 editor in that catagory, submit once a month, and don't hold your breath. Quote: Originally Posted by smith Anyone here know how long DMOZ review and list a site,and how to know which site has been rejected by editor.? dmoz can take some quite time my friend, I have 2 friends that are dmoz editors, and know several others, I would say a tip would be to follow there guides lines strictly otherwise it will never get listed.

check my sig out for more information I was told well in advance my directory will not be listed! Dissapointing considering there are thousands of junk sites listed already! Quote: Originally Posted by casperl May be forever. Depends on category.. this is the true answer . there is no time limit about accepting or rejecting I will submit my site again if they don't list it after 3 months.