How do you select from a xml column in sql server if the column is not a singleton

TNIxeye

I am trying to query an xml column among other...the following query is working fine...\[code\]SELECT OrderID, AccountNumber, ItemID, substring(replace(lower(s.Street),' ',''),1,8) + substring(replace(lower(s.City),' ',''),1,8) + substring(replace(lower(s.State),' ',''),1,8) + substring(replace(s.ZipCode,' ',''),1,5)AddressHash, ShipName, Street, Street2 City, State, ZipCode, OrderDate FROM (SELECT UpwardOrderID, AccountNumber, UpwardLeagueID, /* NOTE THAT THIS SYNTAX WORKS ONLY WORKS BECAUSE THE NODES ARE SINGLETONS. */ x.value('(./ShipTo/Name)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS ShipName, x.value('(./ShipTo/Street1)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS Street, x.value('(./ShipTo/Street2)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS Street2, x.value('(./ShipTo/Subdivision1)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS City, x.value('(./ShipTo/Subdivision2)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS State, x.value('(./ShipTo/PostalCode)[1]', 'VARCHAR(255)') AS ZipCode, x.value('(./Order/ClientOrderDate)[1]', 'DATETIME') AS OrderDate --x.value('(./ShippingMethods/ShippingMethod/ID)[../Selected/text()=1]','VARCHAR(255)') FROM av_order CROSS APPLY orderXML.nodes('/Order/ShippingInformation') t(x) WHERE orderXML Is Not Null) s\[/code\]This query is working fine except for the last column I am trying to select in the FROM subquery.The difference is that column (ShippingMethod) is NOT a singleton. The XML contains all of the shipping methods and I want to select the ID of the SELECTED shipping method. Here is what that part of the XML looks like...\[code\]<Order>... <ShippingInformation> <ShipTo> <Name>DONT SHOW</Name> <Attention>DONT SHOW</Attention> <Street1>DONT SHOW</Street1> <Street2 /> <Subdivision1>DONT SHOW</Subdivision1> <Subdivision2>IL</Subdivision2> <PostalCode>62092</PostalCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <AllowEmptyShipTo>0</AllowEmptyShipTo> <ContactInfo>DONT SHOW</ContactInfo> </ShipTo> <ShippingMethods> <ShippingMethod> <ID>UPSGROUND</ID> <Selected>1</Selected> <Cost>134.08</Cost> </ShippingMethod> <ShippingMethod> <ID>PICKUP</ID> <Selected>0</Selected> <Cost>0</Cost> </ShippingMethod> <ShippingMethod> <ID>UPS3DAY</ID> <Selected>0</Selected> <Cost>288.46</Cost> </ShippingMethod> <ShippingMethod> <ID>UPS2DAY</ID> <Selected>0</Selected> <Cost>347.91</Cost> </ShippingMethod> <ShippingMethod> <ID>UPSNEXTBUSDAY</ID> <Selected>0</Selected> <Cost>956.73</Cost> </ShippingMethod> </ShippingMethods> </ShippingInformation>...</Order>\[/code\]What do I do to select the SELECTED shipping method ID?Seth