How do I use Javascript in a XML part of a ASP Document?

wxdqz

Hi all

I am having a problem which the select list boxes are not linking properly (there is no text in them).
However because I need to use Access 2000 with the webpage, it puts in all this garbage, and Because the XML code goes something like this:

<OBJECT id=MSODSC codeBase=file:F:\msowc.cab#version=9,0,0,3821
classid=CLSID:0002E530-0000-0000-C000-000000000046><PARAM NAME="XMLData" VALUE=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"<xml
xmlns:a="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:access">

<a:DataSourceControl>

<a:OWCVersion>9.0.0.3821</a:OWCVersion>

<a:ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data
Source=M:\BEC
Website\BEC_Website.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=&quot;&quot;;Jet
OLEDB:Database
Password=&quot;&quot;</a:ConnectionString>

<a:MaxRecords>10000</a:MaxRecords>

<a:GridX>10</a:GridX>

<a:GridY>10</a:GridY>

<!--This is the section I am having a problem with-->

<SCRIPT language=javascript>ListDateSources();</SCRIPT>
<!--End section I am having a problem with-->

<!--and I want to take out all the rest below-->

<!--Start_of_list_Day_1-->
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>list_Day_1</a:ElementID><a:ListRowSource>qry_Web_Fst_Month_Day_1</a:ListRowSource><a:ListBoundField>Event_Number1</a:ListBoundField>
<a:ListDisplayField>Event_Heading4</a:ListDisplayField></a:ElementExtension>
<!--End_of_list_Day_1-->
<!--Start_of_list_Day_2-->
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>list_Day_2</a:ElementID><a:ListRowSource>qry_Web_Fst_Month_Day_2</a:ListRowSource><a:ListBoundField>Event_Number2</a:ListBoundField>
<a:ListDisplayField>Event_Heading5</a:ListDisplayField></a:ElementExtension>
<!--End_of_list_Day_2-->
<!--Start_of_list_Day_3-->
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>list_Day_3</a:ElementID><a:ListRowSource>qry_Web_Fst_Month_Day_3</a:ListRowSource><a:ListBoundField>Event_Number3</a:ListBoundField>
<a:ListDisplayField>Event_Heading6</a:ListDisplayField></a:ElementExtension>
<!--End_of_list_Day_3-->
<!--all the way to_list_Day_31-->

I think it may be better to write on the fly with javascript and increment the day numbers so that it only needs to be one line.

So I experiment with it and find that I can not use Javascript like I can with HTML.

You can see the full page in the attachment if you wish, (I have put in the scripts tags, but I put it in comments so that the XML works).

I am very new to XML and I am creating a calender of events, which is manly put together using Javascript and writes it in HTML.

Is there a way to do this with XML?

Thanks in advance