How do I retain the “name” attribute of an input in ASP.NET

CoolBlue

How do I retain the "name" attribute of an input in an ASP.NET application?I just went through how to retain the IDs, but unfortunately, the jquery validation plugin using the name attribute--hence I'm trying to retain the name.Any help is appreciated.Thanks! \[code\]<label>Name</label><input type="text" name="name" runat="server" /><br /><label>Email</label><input type="text" email name="email" runat="server" /><br /><label>Password</label><input type="text" password id="password" name="password" runat="server" /><br /><label>Verify Password</label><input type="text" verify id="verify" name="verify" runat="server" /><br /><asp:Button runat="server" ID="submit" Text="Submit" />\[/code\]Comes out as:\[code\]<label>Name</label><input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctl00" type="text" /><br /><label>Email</label><input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctl01" type="text" email="" /><br /><label>Password</label><input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$password" type="text" id="password" password="" /><br /><label>Verify Password</label><input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$verify" type="text" id="verify" verify="" /><br /><input type="submit" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$submit" value="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7854072/Submit" id="submit" />\[/code\]