How do i reinstall vBulleting but ........

AtiQ

i guess if someone do replay to this topic it will be helpful to many users. however the question is that:

how do i reinstall vBulletin but keep the users, threads, posts, thanks counts, and every other settings ..in one word keep every single settigns but.........just reinstall the vbulletin .?????

thx in advanced

Grinderhand

All those things you speak of are contained in the database. As long as the database is not damaged, you should be able to upload all the vB files, including files needed for any mods and skins installed, configure your config.php to connect to the database and you should be good to go.

Nono5666

You might want to run the upgrade.php script, just to make sure everything is as up to date as possible.

AtiQ

Grinderhand said:
All those things you speak of are contained in the database. As long as the database is not damaged, you should be able to upload all the vB files, including files needed for any mods and skins installed, configure your config.php to connect to the database and you should be good to go.

umm i got it but i dont want to upgrade ...i want to reinstall the whole thing but keep every setup including all the things i mentioned in my first post........so can i reinstall ? because i need to make sure 100% ......if i do something wrong then u know......lol it will be a mess

Nono5666

Wait,
Are you saying you've never had vBulletin installed on this database?
Or are you saying you removed the vB, and are trying to get it back?
If it's the second,
Just reupload the vB and you should be fine.

AtiQ

Nono5666 said:
Wait,
Are you saying you've never had vBulletin installed on this database?
Or are you saying you removed the vB, and are trying to get it back?
If it's the second,
Just reupload the vB and you should be fine.

i did installed vbulletin but now i want to reinstall.........and all the files of vbulletin are in the forum directory but to reinstalled what do i do? just upload the newer files and then go to forum/includes/install/install.php ot what?

D4rk Avenger

Yes as Grinderhand said just reupload the vBulletin version you want and then edit the config.php file so it is linked to the exsisting database

Nono5666

Yes AtiQ,
Once it's all uploaded,
Go ahead and edit your config.php (as everyone said)
And it would be smart to go ahead and run /install/upgrade.php,
You might be using a newer version of vBulletin :)