How can I use photoshop brushes ?

[KAPLAN]

I download many photoshop brushes but I dont know exactly how can I use them. The format of brushes are ABR which I downloaded and I am using PS CS3.

I'm trying to go from memory here since I don't have PS installed on this computer. Click on the Brush tool, it should show the brush that is currently selected. Click the dropdown menu and look for a little arrow, click that and you should be presented with a menu. In that menu should be an option called Load Brushes, click that and browse to the brush set you wish to use.

Sorry if it's not a good description.

Itsuki Minami

or just copy the abr files to the brushes directory in your ps it should be something like :
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes
then open your ps and they should be in the brushes menu, now how to use them is up to you learning photoshop is not such an easy thing and trust me learning how to use the brushes isn't either ;D cya

Itsuki Minami said:
or just copy the abr files to the brushes directory in your ps it should be something like :
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes
then open your ps and they should be in the brushes menu, now how to use them is up to you learning photoshop is not such an easy thing and trust me learning how to use the brushes isn't either ;D cya

This way is much more efficient, but I have always had problems when adding a large number of brushes that way...it always caused PS to freeze up when loading for some reason. However, I think I added over 75 brush sets at a time.

[KAPLAN]

Thanks for your help. One more question.

Now I have problem with the actions. I download text actions and installed it to the PS but I dont know how can I use that actions on my text. When I start to action, its writing a text by default and I cant change that text.Shorty, I need to learn how can I use a action to the text which is written by me. Thanks in advance

GgAcE

[KAPLAN];42627 said:
Thanks for your help. One more question.

Now I have problem with the actions. I download text actions and installed it to the PS but I dont know how can I use that actions on my text. When I start to action, its writing a text by default and I cant change that text.Shorty, I need to learn how can I use a action to the text which is written by me. Thanks in advance

You should really look at some photoshop tutorials.

My favorite ones are usually located HERE

Loading brushes is a pretty basic skill to know. I am not being rude or anything but some tutorials will really help you out. Most of them also provide visuals.