How can I use gzip compression for .css and .js files on my websites?

NEUTLEMEN

I have been toiling for days to get gzip compression working on the websites I have on my shared hosting server. I've had a certain level of success but sadly .css and .js files are being left out, despite my best efforts. Since I'm using shared hosting, I have no access to the apache configuration file, so I have resorted to using my .htaccess file to achieve this.The site I'm currently working on is Peak Heat, running Wordpress, and below is the .haccess file I'm using:\[code\]# compress text, html, javascript, css, xml:AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plainAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/htmlAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xmlAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/cssAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xmlAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xmlAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xmlAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/jsAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascriptAddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript## EXPIRES CACHING ##<IfModule mod_expires.c>ExpiresActive OnExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"ExpiresDefault "access 1 week"</IfModule>## EXPIRES CACHING ##<IfModule mod_headers.c> <FilesMatch "\.(js|css|xml|gz)$"> Header append Vary Accept-Encoding </FilesMatch></IfModule><ifModule mod_gzip.c> mod_gzip_on Yes mod_gzip_dechunk Yes mod_gzip_item_include file \.(html?|txt|css|js|php|pl)$ mod_gzip_item_include handler ^cgi-script$ mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.* mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-javascript.* mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.* mod_gzip_item_exclude rspheader ^Content-Encoding:.*gzip.*</ifModule>\[/code\]When I check the site using Firebug v1.8.3 with Google PageSpeed v1.12, it shows that the following files haven't been compressed:\[quote\] /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.6.1 /wp-content/themes/peak-heat/script/global.js /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/jquery.form.js?ver=2.52 /wp-content/themes/peak-heat/style.css /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/scripts.js?ver=3.0 /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/styles.css?ver=3.0 /wp-content/plugins/testimonials-widget/testimonials-widget.css\[/quote\]Checking the website URL itself with the online GIDZipTest site, it confirms that compression is enabled, but when I check the above .css and .js files, it says that they're not compressed.What can I do to include all .css and .js files when compressing my site?