How can I get to the Chicago Public Library from Loyola University?

paige_marker

I assume you are talking about Harold Washington Library ... cause there are tons of CPLs in the city. But if you are going to HWL, you would need to take the brown line to the Library stop. Loyola is on the northside, so take the red line and then switch over to the brown. Keep in mind, the brown does not run as often as the red line. You can also plan your trip thru the CTA, I have provided the link below.

The other posters are correct to ask you which CPL you are referring to. CPL is a system, really, and it includes many neighborhood libraries (fairly small but nonetheless full of great resources), fewer regional libraries (which are quite large) and then the enormous flagship location, which is called Harold Washington Library Center (HWLC). HWLC takes up an entire city block and is bordered by State Street, Plymouth Court, Van Buren Street and Congress Parkway. If you are taking the Red Line, you can take it to the Jackson stop, then walk a few steps south (not even one full block). You do not need to transfer to the Brown Line or any other line.

The Rogers Park and Edgewater neighborhoods (Loyola's main campus is in Rogers Park, close to Edgewater) both have their own neighborhood libraries.