helpp

Grinderhand

You can either do this in FTP (slow) by right-clicking on groups of files and folders and choosing Properties which will usually give you the opportunity to change permissions (same as CHMOD) OR you can do it through the file manager in your cPanel (faster). The task of CHMODing files and folders will be more obvious using the file manager.

Hon3Y

i have selected all files and folder and seet 777 as permissions

but am getting error Request denied.
Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.

Grinderhand

Since you didn't say whether you're in FTP or file manager, I'll assume FTP. Right-click on selected group and choose properties. There you'll be able to change permissions for read, write and execute. Turn them all on. Repeat for all subdirectories and files.

Hon3Y

yup i did wid permissions but when am doing in ftp am geetting dis error

Request denied.
Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.

Hon3Y

got dis error when set permisssion to 777
Unable to execute site command chmod 0777 /htdocs/.override. Note that the CHMOD command is only available on Unix FTP servers, not on Windows FTP servers.

Grinderhand

Then you HAVE to do it in cPanel or Plesk or whatever you have in the file manager. Obviously your host is not Apache-based and I'm not familiar with Windows-based setups. Sorry.