Help Me on Ranking on SERP's!

MaryK

I started a Developer resource about a month ago. I've been working on link building, promoting, seo but I need some help for ranking in SERP's. I know the key to getting high in SERP's for a keyword is getting relevant links from high PR sites with a relevant anchor text. So far I have accumulated about 900 backlinks in a month and my website is predicted PR5. So I am doing a nice job on link building although my goal is to reach a PR6 on the update, moreover, for each link that I buy or exchange I use the anchor title/text: Developer or Developer and IT.

At first I did Developer and IT, but later on changed it to just Developer. I know it would be easier to rank for software developer, web developer, or game developer but my website covers all three of those niches so I thought it would be better to use just developer.

As of now Google doesn't show any results because the website is still pretty new but if you have any tips that I could use for ranking for the term Developer I would more than appreciate it.

I have a few questions also, I see many people for example in bid directories always use their website title instead of their desired SERP keyword isn't that wrong? If I buy links on a high PR site homepage or bid directory on the top should I use the keyword Developer or my website title the Dev Network? Start here . . .
http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/56475-effective-seo-v7n-way.html Is it possible to share the URL so that we can have a look at that? since your site is still new, google is in the process to index and categorise the site, be careful not to get in too many inbound links at once, that might trigger a penalty in google for having too many links too fast (i.e. suspect artificial link building, which google is very particular about) You're making the same mistake every newbie makes, developer is a highly competitive keyword, start with small search volume and less competitive keyword related to your site, instead of working only on one keyword, work on at least 3-4 keywords at a time. I would steer clear of bid directories. Those are fairly easy for Google to identify as paid links. Even if they do not identify them as such now; you can be quite certain they will in the future.