HAHAHA I wish I lived in Nigeria now...

GgAcE

Quick background.

A friend from work was offered $2,400 USD. He was to place an ad in a news paper for $2,200. He was able to keep the remaining $200.

After he relized this was a cashiers check scam he told the company to not contact him again as he is NOT interested.

Here is what the company sent back:

You don't seem to get it. This is not some kind of game, the job is real, the company is real and the money is real. We even specified when we hired you that a check left for first task to your name and address.

You knew what this job involves, don't play stupid games, we are not kids, if you play, you will pay!!!

Our lawyers will contact you soon if you don't remember ASAP what job you applied this week and what terms you accepted, you have 24 hours to process the payment like we agreed when will be delivered.

Don't EVER think that long distance will protect you. We work closely with important law firms in Los Angeles, New York and Miami and they will assist us every time we have a problem in United States.

We expect that our job to be respected, if you still don't want to work for our company process the payments that are on the way right now and after that you are free. Otherwise we lose money, you are called in court and YOU pay for our loss. Tomorrow our lawyers will be alerted. This simple job that you refuse to finish will make you pay thousands in court, don't worry, we had another case few months ago and we won. Thank you

My favorite part is "We are not kids! If you play you will pay!

GgAcE

psilocybin said:
Lol, I got a similar offer from someone in Greece. Hopefully your friend didn't give them any personal information. :)

The only information they have is his mailing address (which is our work) as well as his email & first & last name (to make out the check to).

Their is nothing they can do & god help them if they make threats to our company seeing as I work for the state aka the government....

I just simply LOVE people like that.

GgAcE

psilocybin said:
Yeah, as long as he didn't give out his social security number or anything, that way he doesn't have to worry about ID theft.

Sounds like empty threats to me.

Oh yea, none of us are worried. We think it's plain hilarious!