Google PageRank is just for entertainment (gimmick)

wowfood

I don't know why people make a big fuzz of the PageRank bar. My friend forget PR and focus on writing quality content. You can have a less than 10 links pointing to your site and still rank top in Google. Yahoo and MSN for popular keywords and phrases. It is not quanity, but quality of links. I personally think that the PR indicator is just a way for Google to get more people to install their toolbar. It is basically there for entertainment purposes. A gimmick. It is so simple to get your website ranked in the top 10 SERPs without having a high pagerank or none at all. I have a website that have over 3000 different keywords and phrases in the top 10 ib Google SERPs. Another website over 2000 keywords in the top 10. I have two single digit keyword that is in the top 100 from 6.5 billion websites in Google SERPs. Some of my websites have 10 backlinks and others 100+ Forget the green PR bar and focus on writing quality content. If I had the choice of Google PR bar or bar. I would rather go to the second bar and have a drink.Agree. I have site http://www.palm-games.com, it's ranked 1 for "palm games" for about 5 years. There is another competitive site. It's ranked 3rd. That site is SEOed for the same keywords and has _higher_ PR. I don't know why it is still below... Just hidden Google secrets.It's all about content.Page Rank has not much relation with Ranking....You can Have high pagerank but you may not rank well for your keywords as someone must have optimized for it more strongly.Also age of domain and number/quality of backlinks also matters for ranking.So where do you get these quality backlinks?doogers wrote:I too agree that the p/r doesn't really amount to a hill of beans! It does entertain me but that is it. My number 1 goal is to be listed #1 for all my keywords in my geographical choices and so far, I am well on my way!nhscaper wrote:i agree that the p/r doesn't really amount to a hill of beans! it is my job.My number 1 goal is to be listed #1 ,#2or #3,and i want to exchange. i am fighting nowhello.wuxian wrote: