Google Deskbar?

Wrelifenpeelm

Anyone played with it yet?http://toolbar.google.com/deskbar/help/faq.htmlI always hate installing crap like that until I've seen some reviews on it.I use the toolbar - i use it ALL the time, its so handy. I havent used the desktop one tho. Sounds okay - but the toolbar does the same job (i think)I do not think the desktop one tells you the PageRank of sites though. I am not sure if it has the popup stopper too.Think I'll just stick with my browser based google bar..this one didn't impress me.So will searching in the deskbar actually pop up a new browser window (that would then have the google toolbar in it?).I don't know...maybe its helpful for those people who don't want the google toolbar removing screen estate, but otherwise its probably just a marketing strategy...i *love* the google toolbar, so far its blocked 214 popups! and I use it all the time for searching Plus to see my own pages pagerank! LOL yes I love the confidence booster!I have the Avant Browser, so I'm afraid that my googles popup defenses simply aren't needed i disable the popup blocker, cause alot of time it kills windows, that arent popups.... at least thats the experience i had with it...Mine has blocked 1008 popups, one sight I'd hit up twice or three times a day had atleas two popups. and one when you quit.I use the google desktop and all it does is you can search for something with opening the internet explor, then going to google. then finally searching. I also have the google bar. it has blocked 5417 pop-ups since like june.I've not had a look at the deskbar, but I LOVE the toolbar..The only thing that annoys me, is that it still needs an ALT+Something keyboard shortcut to type in a search... Once they add that, I'll be happy.Right, now it's quicker for me to do...ALT+D, google, CTRL+Enter, type my search phrase, hit the enter key...than it is to get hold of the mouse, move the cursor, click in the lil text box... well, you know the story, heh.you lazy bum.... heh I'm not being lazy, simply "optimizing productivity" The faster I can operate my PC, the faster I can churn out the work, the sooner I'll have enough money for that D100 I'm just kiddin hon hehehe, I know you are, me too... you're right, I'm just lazy