File Upload Memory Limit

liunx

I have a Standard Reseller account with about 15 small sites on it.<br /><br />Almost all of the sites are Drupal sites - fairly memory intensive (32MB is recommended) - thought again they are very small, low traffic sites.<br /><br />On one of them, I am getting this error when uploading images:<br /><br />Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /home/ethnicne/public_html/includes/image.inc on line 308<br /><br />The file I was uploading was a JPG image, only 607KB - not that big.<br /><br />Searching Drupal forums says this is due to memory limits on the server.<br /><br />But I see memory limit is 32MB which should be enough.<br /><br />Questions:<br /><br />1. Any ideas?<br />2. Any way to get more memory (even at additional cost)?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Rick<br /><br />Update: I think the issue is not with file size but with pixel size - still looking into....<!--content-->
The size limit of 2MB is set on the servers but you can upload larger files modifying your .htaccess file and inlcude the following for 10MB<br /><br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->php_value max_execution_time 1200<br />php_value memory_limit 30M<br />php_value post_max_size 10M<br />php_value upload_max_filesize 10M<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--content-->
Thanks Bruce,<br /><br />That's good to know that I can alter max file size without having to get into php.ini. <br /><br />I have now narrowed it down to be due to the pixel size, not file size. I had set max pixel size (in Drupal) as 1600, so I was not surprised to get an error message, but would have expected some kind of friendly Drupal error message, such as "you've exceeded the maximum allowable dimensions of 1600 x 1600" not the message I got, which looked more like a PHP/server message. Trying to figure out why (in Drupal) that happened. <br /><br />Anyhow, thanks again.<br /><br /><!--content-->