Facebook Connect - Allow your users to login with their Facebook account

MobileHacks

Facebook Connect
This add-on allows your guests and existing users to login with their Facebook account through Facebook Connect.

Benefits of Facebook Connect

* Users can simply login with their Facebook account without going through the registration process.
* Increase user interaction and your traffic through Facebook notifications and news-feeds!

Features
Facebook users will be able to receive Facebook notifications when:

* There is a reply to their thread or a thread that they're subscribing to
* They receive a new PM

News-Feed will be published on to the user's wall when the user:

* Logs in for the first time
* Replies to a thread
* Creates a new thread

Fetch user data from Facebook
Fetch data like name, location, profile picture and use it on your forums! (NOTE: Some data may not be available for some users)

Automatically befriend user's friends
If any of the user's friends are also registered on the forum, they will automatically be friends!

How to Upgrade From 1.1.2 to 1.1.3

* Upgrade the product. (Import the product XML again and set overwrite to yes).
* Re-upload fblogin.php

How to Upgrade From 2.0.0 to 2.0.1

* Upgrade the product. (Import the product XML again and set overwrite to yes).
* Update Feed Template IDs in the settings (make sure they are the same as at: FB Connect Options -> News-Feed Templates)

How to Upgrade From 2.0.1 to 2.0.2
See UPGRADE.html

* Fixed the notification problem (notifications were sent to wrong people)
* Login button will now be displayed on vbAdvanced pages

Troubleshooting

If you get an error:

PHP:
The Facebook Connect cross-domain receiver URL http://www.SITEURL.com/xd_receiver.h...%220.699%22%7D must have the application's callback URL http://www.SITEURL.com/forums/ as a prefix. You can configure the callback URL in the application's settings.

Means that there is something wrong with your callback URL. Your callback URL must be where xd_receiver.htm is; so when you enter [callbackurl]/xd_receiver.htm into your browser you should see a blank page (not a 404 page not found error or anything else).

If you get a continues this means there is a javascript error. Make sure you've done all the template edits correctly (especially footer & navbar). Clear your cache and reload the page.

Many more features may be implemented in the future so keep checking for updates.

beboo

i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxx/htdocs/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 38

Webdude

I would like to know more about this like, what it looks like on the users Facebook page, how is the 2 logins combined and can it be maliciously compromised?

beboo

beboo said:
i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxx/htdocs/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 38

got it working. i needed php5

vblovehacks

When i test it, i dont have any notifications when:

* There is a reply to their thread or a thread that they're subscribing to
* They receive a new PM

emranae

i need autologin.php its possible? i've created a facebook application with a custom vbulletin tamplate look like facebook. i added this tamplate in facebook through facebook iframe. so i need a autologin.php file, when a facebook user will try to come my site he/she will be automatically login in our forum. its possible?

check this application with opera or mozila. Moshla.com - The largest world of entertainments! | Facebook

if anyone can please tell me how can i add autologin option?

Xexiu

im getting this error when testing it:

Fatal error:
The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here.
Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_User in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 810

Any solutions?