Dynamic Library

Hello,<br /><br />Yes its me again with another problem. I do not believe I can do this myself and I do not know if anyone understands this request because I sure don't. I am running Gallery v1.3.2 on my site. I cannot upload certain size files because of a specific error. I did find the answer but I have no clue how to do this: Here is the answer I found:<br /><br /><b>error in loading shared libraries</b> indicates that your dynamic library loader can't find a library that it needs. On Linux you can add the directory containing the appropriate library /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig -v as root to fix this. <br /><br />That answer just just blew me away. I have no clue where /etc/ld.so.conf is and I know for certain I cannot run that ldconfig -v as root. <br /><br />Is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do or maybe one of the tech support gurus can help me out. Of course any help would greatly be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Eck<br /><br />Ps here is the error I had<br /><br />Error messages: <br />/usr/local/netpbm/bin/giftopnm: error while loading shared libraries: libnetpbm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<br />/usr/local/netpbm/bin/pnmscale: error while loading shared libraries: libnetpbm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<br />/usr/local/netpbm/bin/ppmquant: error while loading shared libraries: libnetpbm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<br />/usr/local/netpbm/bin/ppmtogif: error while loading shared libraries: libnetpbm.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<!--content-->
Ok i figured it out. Sometimes too much information is bad! I went through the config process 4 more times and missed one small detail that lets me check what is installed on the gallery already. I still get a funny error but the images upload so i am not going to complain about it. Instead of using netpbm which was causing me problems I used an option for imagmajik ( spelled name wrong i know ) and Bingo all works. I am still confused on all of the locations a bit such as:<br /><br /><b>/etc/ld.so.conf </b><br /><b>/usr/local/netpbm/bin/giftopnm</b><br /><br />Would those locations be on my machine or a Directory on my server ? Just curious is all so for future reference I will have a better understanding.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Eck<!--content-->