Drupal Vs Joomla

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've decided to teach myself how to use / incorporate a CMS into future websites I build.<br /><br />A couple examples of themes of websites: newspaper; photo gallery; small e-commerce site ...<br /><br />I'm not super techy, but I currently handcode CSS 1.0 strict (so I have some experience in working within and meeting standards). I don't have any programing experience.<br />But, I've made my mind up to get into one or the other, Joomla or Drupal ... so there we have it.<br /><br />Which is better (I know this can be subjective and based on what different experiences people have.)<br /><br />For example - in the following areas: <ul><li>Ease of implementation</li><li>Ease of use and administration </li><li>Compatibility with a high standard of CSS such as 1.0 strict</li></ul>Any other considerations?<br /><br />I've thought about something like a commercial hack of WordPress, but I think I'll be better off making the leap to Drupal or Joomla now. <br />I've noticed that I will be able to use the Fantastico tool to install on to the server; should be very helpful<br />Any advice will be helpful<br /><br />Thank you,<br />Will<!--content-->
While I have just played very quickly with Drupal, my vote goes to Joomla, especially when their new version 1.5 comes out.<br /><br />But it is all a matter of taste, so I would install both through Fantastico and play around with them both and see which one I like best.<!--content-->