DownloadsII 5.01 For vB3.8.x

xEvOx

DownloadsII

DownloadsII is a download database that integrates into vBulletin. It allows you to upload files, add images to them, create categories, link to external files - and more. It is very flexible and has many options.

Because a lot of people keep on asking this:
This mod works with any version of vBulletin 3.7.x and 3.8.x!
If you are still using vBulletin 3.5.x or 3.6.x, please use the old 5.0.8 version.

It's also coded 100% XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid, just like vBulletin itself.

Instructions & Support

You can find an installation manual in the zip package (Readme-Install.txt).

We (try to) answer all the questions asked in this thread. Please don't send any pm's if we don't ask for them, as we said we try to give a high level of support in this thread. Don't forget to click the install link, so you will receive important update notifications.

Screenshots & Live demo

At the bottom of this post, you can find 6 screenshots of the front-end and back-end (AdminCP part) of the DownloadsII software. You can see the newest version in action at the Minatica.be Downloads (dutch).

Changelog (version 5.1.0)

!!! REQUIRES VBULLETIN 3.7.X !!!

Jelle
Backported vB 3.7 integration from v6 beta (navbar button/search, profile stats/tab)
Added HTTPS support for linked files
Better calculation of the usergroup download restrictions
Some other small code updates
You can find all the changelogs of this and older versions here.

Help!!! I can't upload large files??

This is probably the second most asked question. Have a look at this post for the solution.

It doesn't work with GARS?!

If you also use the latest version of GARS, you will get the "Fields marked in RED must be filled in!" error when uploading a file. I provided a fix here on the GARS forums.

Addons

We are offering 3 addons for this mod at the moment (have a look at the bottom of this post for them). DownloadsII contains 5 hook locations for the vBulletin plugin systems, so you can add extra functionality without file edits.

Do you want to help expanding DownloadsII (if you are a coder)? Check out this post!

Notes
ecDownloads Buddy is NOT compatible with this version. If you are using the Buddy, you should UNINSTALL it before installing DownloadsII ver 5.0.x. The Buddy's features are now integrated into DownloadsII.
DownloadsII is a direct derivative work from Ron1n's ecDownloads.
Version 5.0.8: for people running vBulletin 3.5.x or 3.6.x
Version 5.1.0: for people running vBulletin 3.7.x or 3.8.x

Termy

xEvOx said:
also u need help installing this mod just PM me
I installed it quite easilly... but then again I did have the v5.0.8 working on vb3.8.0, lol.

Thanks for the update m8.

xEvOx

your welcome i only got this cos i was building my site etc and my mate has actually bought this so he has access to the site aka vb.com .org so i will try and get him to let me use his account and i will make a big mod pack for this

newperson2008

it would be usefull if it actually used the VB permissions... Like when i say to disallow unregistered users from uploading files it still lets them... see permissions aren't working right...

newperson2008

this plugin is HIGH SPAM don't even bother with it, its a waste of time... Now on the other hand if it had Captcha's and a proper Premissions system it would be good, But, Unregistered users (spam bots included) can upload files even when you tell it not to allow them. Everyday i delete 100s of spam files all because the premissions don't work right.

Here's a demo: DJ RyThEm Network | Community Forums - Downloads
Have at it...

xEvOx

erm i can translate it in to german any one want to help who can speak english , yes i am looking for a german person who can translate this if so message me within the next 2 hours other wise i will use google translater

djchaos667

any idea why it is telling me this when I open the download area?

Dj Chaos, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Termy

djchaos667 said:
any idea why it is telling me this when I open the download area?

Dj Chaos, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
It sounds like you havent set the usergroup permissions in your admincp m8.

Gp into your usergroup settings and select which group you want to give permissions to and save.

djchaos667

Termy said:
It sounds like you havent set the usergroup permissions in your admincp m8.

Gp into your usergroup settings and select which group you want to give permissions to and save.

I figured out that problem, thanks to the live topic mod every page had to be refreshed every time you posted or made any changes. I deleted that mod and everything is working right with the refresh rate now. However the mod will not allow uploads through the downloadsII area or the admin cp. Even when I am trying to link to files uploaded to my downloads folder in my forum root. Any ideas?

I just get this message,

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/admincp/downloadadmin.php on line 345"

djchaos667

xEvOx said:
DownloadsII

Instructions & Support

We (try to) answer all the questions asked in this thread. Please don't send any pm's if we don't ask for them, as we said we try to give a high level of support in this thread. Don't forget to click the install link, so you will receive important update notifications.

What crap, my question has been ignored for days, why do you lie? "a high level of support in this thread" my ass!

arr0w

lol...

He copied and pasted the thread from vborg. The poster here didn't actually say he was going to support this hack. ;)

He did say you can PM him though, so you better do that.

djchaos667

arr0w said:
lol...

He copied and pasted the thread from vborg. The poster here didn't actually say he was going to support this hack. ;)

He did say you can PM him though, so you better do that.

did that too, still no reply in more than a week.