Cute News Help

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,<br /><br />I have newly finished a site for a small business and they now want to update the website themselves - such as add text, pictures, new pages and link buttons etc. I was just going to create a document explaining how to add data via html, but my client knows nothing about html and css and it may become difficult doing this or I worry they may delete important coding etc. I have commented my html files, but for a complete beginner I think it would still be very daunting.<br /><br />I tried cutenews, I have installed it and it runs ok, but I have no idea what to do now! Does anyone have step by step guides on how to integrate it into my website? Do I need to convert all webpages into .php - how do I go about that as I know absolutely nothing about PHP!?<br /><br />I really don't want to have to create the website again, as it was my first big project and I learned css from scratch while doing it and it took quite a few months!<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br /><!--content-->
The first thing you need to do is STOP USING CUTENEWS.<br /><br />It's insecure, and it's dangerous, and you'll have horrible HORRIBLE problems with spam and hacking.<br /><br />Instead consider using something like <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://prism-perfect.net/fanupdate/">http://prism-perfect.net/fanupdate/</a><!-- m --> - it's much better than cutenews, and it's not going to get you spammed.<br /><br />Although, it seems like you're after more of a CMS rather than a blogging engine. Consider using something like Wordpress which will allow your client to add static pages, etc. etc. Don't forget to *not* charge for WP's installation though.<!--content-->
Agree with Rachel.... CuteNews is not really a commercial app. It's great for fan-sites and so on, but if any sort of money or customer trust is involved, forget it.<br /><br />WordPress, Expression Engine, Joomla, Drupal, and so on are all good CMS's with varying abilities...<!--content-->