Convert MS Access Database to Sybase?

Jeff

I have a Microsoft Access Database (mdb file ext). Is there any way to convert it to a Sybase Database file (db file ext)? I was able to get an updated database for a program I have, unfortunately, it's in the wrong format, and I have no idea how to convert it! Thanks<br />

Poetryman69

there are a number of ways to try this. One is, have the access database save its data as a flat file. The flat file could be comma delimited, tab delimited, CSV, ASCII, etc. Then import the flat file into Sybase. I believe there is suppose to be some relationship between Sql server and Sybase. an historical relationship. If that is the case, you might trying using the SQL Server upgrade on the database. Going to Sql Server in other words and then seeing if you can get SQL server to recognize the Sybase format. Then use DTS in SQL Server to export the data to Sybase.

I all else fails you could open a table in Access. Copy all the data and paste it in an Excel Spread sheet. Excel can save the data in the flat file formats mentioned above.