Connection managers with expressions in a script component in SSIS

Immiltcatty

Difficult question to describe, but here it goes. I have a Data Flow Task containing a couple script components and an xml-destination component (among a bunch of others, but these are the important ones).The two script components are in fact also XML-destinations, but I needed better control of markup and what not, so I used a script. The two script components and the xml destination are provided with three different file connection managers. These connection managers are using an expression which uses a user variable (fed into the data flow task) containing a date. The idea is for the connection managers to point to: "[some dir][FILEDATE]\file - [FILEDATE].xml"The interesting thing is that the xml-destination does this PERFECTLY. The two script components however end up as "[somedir]\file - .xml". Telling me, it has trouble handling and working with the file date variable at the time it creates the file. I'm not entirely sure when it does this in the execution of the task, but I can't figure out why it works on the xml-destination component, but not the script components.Anyone got any ideas?