Colored name in Navbar for 3.6.8

Hoxxy

Okay first things first....

Credit goes to Smeker for the original 3.7.x release

http://www.vbteam.info/vb-3-7-x-addons-template-modifications/2309-colored-name-navbar.html

demoqr9.jpg

go to your Style Manager -> Edit Templates -> Navbar

FIND:

PHP:
<strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[username]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />

REPLACE WITH THIS:

PHP:
<strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[musername]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />

SirGarfield

Thank you for this excellent little added ditty, these little bits make a world of difference to the member experience.

Sharif

hoxxy said:
Okay first things first....

Credit goes to Smeker for the original 3.7.x release

http://www.vbteam.info/vb-3-7-x-addons-template-modifications/2309-colored-name-navbar.html

demoqr9.jpg

go to your Style Manager -> Edit Templates -> Navbar

PHP:
<strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[username]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />

for this:

PHP:
<strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[musername]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />

Both are same.
Which line i use for colored name???

baby_blue_6_4

can i use this in other places as well? like for vbadvanced in the buddylist, welcome block, and forumdisplay.php page? it shows on the who's online stuff and profiles already, but it does look odd not having it every where... thanks for the fix on this one though.

webpals

not worked for me. i feel both code are same here.

FIND:

REPLACE WITH THIS:

there is no differnece with those code. so no results for me.

anyone support me..

Hoxxy

webpals said:
not worked for me. i feel both code are same here.

FIND:

REPLACE WITH THIS:

there is no differnece with those code. so no results for me.

anyone support me..

The differences:
In first line:
Code:
[username]
In second line:
Code:
[musername]

Simple but effective..;)

Hoxxy

You need to have the Username HTML Markup set for this to work
Admin>>Usergroups>>Usergroup Manager>>USER GROUP

In the first box add:
HTML:
<span style="color:red;">

In the second box add:
HTML:
</span>
Change colors for each user group ;)

Ac!dRa!n

i got colors installed in every UserGroup and still i went to search in navbar and still cant find anything,
i just copy in Find Area and type <strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[username]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />

and when i do that it says Not Found

Any help!?