bulleted text in text boxes

I'm trying to get a bullet to appear in my textbox when users type into it. I have the following style applied to the text boxes and everything else works except the bullets (the bold works, etc). How do I get a bullet to appear in the text box when the user types text?

<style>.bulletedcomments { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; LIST-STYLE-POSITION:
outside; FONT-SIZE: 12px; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 2; FONT-FAMILY:
Arial; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: square; TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-DECORATION: none }
</style>

Thanks in advance for any help!That isn't how a text area works. It will show the actual tags. It won't make a list. What are you going to do with the text box? If you are using so they can post somewhere then you will need to convert some tags so they appear as html on another page.Thanks for your reply.

The text boxes are for people to make brief comments (preferably bulleted!) on a page that will just be updated monthly. What they're typing in will only appear in that text box and be copied back into a database, but it doesn't have to appear on another page. But I wanted it to appear as bulleted text when they type it in. How do I do this?You would need to do something like this forum does. It uses bbcode or vbcode. The info gets submitted and the tags are changed to html tags and parsed on the page after submission.Oh and also, the rest of the properties in the style are working when the text box is set with that style -- the line height, bold, font, etc. Just the bullets are not working.I am using asp.net for this -- do you mean I have to put something on the code page for this rather than in the html?right I'll move this over to the asp forum. You need to take the tags that the user puts in and convert them to html once they are submitted.Post all the code, CSS so that Aero can help there, the C# or VB.net code not to forget the code behind page if needed.