Beta -> beta 2

.v0id

Hi guys... I decided we should get vBTEAM to go to another 'beta' ;) So, here is what I think we (I) should do within couple of weeks:

• Find or create a hack that would mark a thread as solved, when the question was answered.
  • Upgrade to 3.7.4 (or 3.8.0 - what do you think?)
  • Get a new skin *
* - well, as nobody here is a professional designer (?), I have contacted one guy who would make us a really professional skin - it's $400, but if I won't like it, he will refund everything. I was speaking with some people and they are pretty happy with his service, so I will give him a chance next month (as soon as I will get some more money). However, I am going to announce a 'fundraising' again, and I hope you guys will help a little.

I was also thinking (have been writing about it somewhere already...) about getting people to put a link on their site, and completing a form with some details about where they've put the link and their email. This would have to last for around one month in order to let google see those links, and that would increase our SEO. Oh, and people who have really included the link and completed the form would get a chance to win a rapidshare account.

Hoxxy

...Find or create a hack that would mark a thread as solved, when the question was answered.
Could we not just add a new prefixe [Solved] and get members to edit when problem is solved?

This would however just be more work for staff due to lazy members not editing the original post.

Checkout this thread:
Mark Threads As 'Solved' - vBulletin.org Forum

...Upgrade to 3.7.4 (or 3.8.0 - what do you think?)
I would suggest waiting for 3.8 gold.

...Get a new skin *
First shout on the current one as for the last 4 months I have been trying to redesign my own forums style and am getting nowhere and getting really annoyed...lol ;)

...getting people to put a link on their site
Not sure if members would go for that as it would possibly show "Piracy police" that there running a illegal board.

.v0id

Not sure if members would go for that as it would possibly show "Piracy police" that there running a illegal board.

Nope, that's just like advertising, and the user would not be responsible for the content, as it would come from external source... what I mean is that I would provide several .js scripts, one for displaying a link only, second for button, another for banner.