Autoresponder

liunx

I just spent the last 2 hours looking for a auto responder script..this is what I want it to do..<br /><br />you go to the website, enter in your name and email and hit submit, you get a file (pdf) back to you in your email.<br /><br /><br />This is for a coworker that has a website and I want it as simple as possible, not a 3rd party site, and free....<br /><br />is there any that can help me?<br /><br />Thanks<!--content-->
I would think the simplest way would be to include a link to download the pdf from in the auto response?<!--content-->
I'll admit to a personal bias here - I don't like these type of scripts, they cause far to much trouble. The problem can be two fold. <br /><br />Firstly, it's a form for someone to put an email addresss in and send an email to a different address, so it has the potential to be used for spamming (especially if you allow the person hitting the site to be able to add any text to the email going out). <br /><br />Secondly, if it's an autoresponder on an email account - then what happened when there is some incoming spam from a spoofed email address. The scripts sends your email out to that email address (which wasn't asked for ... and hence technically is spam) and you turn into a spammer. <br /><br />I would primarily suggest a simple link to the PDF file, that they can download it - rather than sending any email. <br /><br />If they want to do it with an email script from a web page, then I'd use a captcha code as minimum, to try and prevent bots from using the script. <br /><br />Having said that, if you want to do it via a script, have you had a look at hotscripts.com ?<!--content-->
I think this is in the same category as a Tell-a-friend script<br />a spammers best friend.<br />I would use the link method.<!--content-->
All points covered. I recommend a link as well.<!--content-->
That is what I recommended to my coworker<!--content-->