[ask]My Forum Lagging

Corolex

Hi,
I have a forum and I host it on malaysia server.
Well, I got a problem. Usually my forum can be access fast from everywhere.
But 3 days ago My Forum suddenly lagging and it takes a long time to access my forum.

I use shared hosting, and I only have a few member there.

It is weird, I can access my forum fast and when I ping it only show around 50 ms. But my other friends access my forum very slow and when they ping, it shows around 200-300 ms.

I wonder what is wrong with my forum. Just the same when people access to my subdomain (which is a blank web, only text) also very slow. But when people access to my hoster's webpage, they can access fast.

I only install vbseo sitemap without the vbseo (vbseo sitemap generator), Cyb Chatbox, Cyb Subforum manager, Different Domain Different Style, Mobile device detection, Post Thank you Hack, Resize Image By Moonlight Knight, Separate Sticky and Normal Threads [Forum Based], Usergroup Color Bar.

I tried to disable all of them, but people still access it very slow.

Anyone can help me ?
Thanks

litu2009

I think Your Server is slow or the shared server is slow what ever u r using i ma also using that but i have no problem may if u use more that 4 ya 5 skin then it happens

Corolex

Well, It's true that I have more than 3 skin but I only use one for browser and one for mobile. That's all.

But I don't understand, if my server/shared server is slow.. why when others access the others webpages are fast ?
Others webpages just the same server as mine and the same IP too..

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I'll try to remover other skin.

Corolex

I guess I don't have any animated skin
I use profileblue skin the free one.

Also something strange happen, Everybody in the world, from US, SG, Malay, and other access my forum slow, but I access my forum fast.
but others access my hoster site are fast.

Weird isn't it ?

Thanks for your answer zapman

bluescorpion

Check your access and error logs to see if someone isn't hijacking your site resources. Check webalizer to see who is using your bandwidth, it might give you a clue where its going...

Corolex

Uhm.. there's no error log, it's clean.
And my forum bandwidth just normal. still using around 800mb from 8gb.
doesn't increase much, still normal.

Thanks bluescorpion.

bluescorpion

Dumb question, have you asked your hosting provider what the story is? I know, they only want you to upgrade and that is the standard answer but you might want to run it buy them any way. Have you tried accessing your site from a proxy to see the problem yourself? It is possible that this is an intermittent issue but I can see where if you have a few search engines indexing and your sitemap generator running all at the same time, you performance would definitely suck for the duration the spiders were doing their thing... Finally, are you running any adservers on your site? They will intermittently do really bad things to your site performance when they are messed up like occasionally happens on this site. LOL

I hate to break this to you BUT Asian Internet service is unpredictable at best. I am on an Asian system my self and the performance sucks more often than it doesn't quite frankly.

Corolex

I asked my hosting provider, they said probably my script, because from all their website only my forum have delay to access it.
Well First I think that the most possibility is vbseo sitemap generator, but I try to disable it (not uninstall), still the same.
I use proxy to access my forum, still experience slow. I create subdomains and I didn't upload any index, so there's only cgi-bin. My friends access that subdomains and still they said, it's slow.

lol. I really confuse. any idea ?

bluescorpion

Have you checked your site for images that are "hotlinked" to other servers? I had an experience just a little while ago where my site was hanging because it was waiting for an image to be loaded from another site.

Do you have any banner ads?

Corolex

Hmm how to check whether there's hotlinked to others or not ?
I guess no, because my bandwitdh just normal doesn't increase much.
I try to enable the hotlink protection but can't.
appear this msg
Apache detected an error in the Rewrite config.
RewriteRule: cannot compile regular expression '.*\\.((urllist|sitemap)$'
Please try again.

Uhm.. should I delete that from .htaccess ?

Anyway, I don't have any ads or banner ads on my forum :)

Thanks

bluescorpion

That's pretty weird, you got that from making a change in cPanel?

Found this :

You should correct the file permissions to:

-rwxr-xr-x

Corolex

yeah, the hotlink protection currently disable, I try to enable it and appeared that errors.

I have .htaccess on public_html
and this is the code I added into .htaccess
Code:
RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

It's vbseo sitemap generator v2.5

Do I need to delete it ?
anyway, how to correct the file permission to -rwxr-xr-x ? which file I need to correct?

Corolex

I think, there's no need no change all files to 0755
because some of file must be 0644
am I right ?

so what files do I need to change it ?

Right now, all the permission are default.

Thank you very much

Corolex

Uhmm..
I use vbulletin 3.8.1 nulled version
first I used from others Fintmax if I'm not wrong
but after I got a problem like this.. I change to DGT version..
Simply replace with DGT version and upgrade it with the same version
still 3.8.1 =D

is it possible that nulled vbulletin can get this problem like this?
So I need to use License one ?

Thanks