Amazon.com Stay Ahead of the Crowds

chomaccomma

Hi Guys If you are promoting Amazon Products, I wanted to give some food for thought on adding an additional technique that you may not be doing. It is simply adding BRAND NEW product’s, that are not yet on the market and then positioning yourself in a very powerful position for when they do launch. First thing you need to be aware of, is this is a long term strategy, that will require you to be VERY patient, as it will take a few months before you start to see any revenue coming in, but when the product hits the market, you will be positioned perfectly, and way ahead of the competition and can really make a killing. How to research new products This is the key to finding new products that are about to be launched into the market place. You need to train yourself to be constantly on the lookout for press releases, television news reports, read the newspapers, spend some time online looking for new products via specialized sites such as cnet.com or forums such as Avforums.com etc. Sign up for newsletters on manufacturers websites, for new products releases and news etc. Trade shows/ Consumer shows are great, and a couple of excellent shows are the NY toy fair and the CES (consumer electronics show) in Las Vegas, both of these shows happen in January. This past January I researched, and registered many products as the information became available from the show floor, in fact there were so many products available I could not register them all LOL, but I got a whole line of brand new products that had no searches on Google. I had the websites up within the following 2 weeks. I pretty much had the pick of the litter and was way ahead of any of the competition by thinking months ahead. I am now really starting to see the benefits of my work, with sales really picking up for the new products that have recently come onto the market. By thinking ahead of everyone else you can find some fantastic new products and give yourself a BIG advantage not to mention a really lucrative domain. The negative (not really) is you really have to be patient using this method, as it can take months to see a return, for example I registered some products in January and some hit the market in April and some hit the market in May. I have been waiting 3-4 months, but the good news is I am #1 in Google for most all products and I am seeing daily sales for the April ones, and the May ones which were just launched last month, I am just starting to see sales come in for those. I also have additional sites just waiting for new products to hit the market in the fall. I used the 4 months from Jan till April to make sure the websites were online and started submitting Articles and also started back linking the sites. I found because the products were unique and new, they pretty much went straight in at #1 in Google and most have stayed while some did do the Google dance but came back. One particular product had 45 results showing in a Google search when I first put the site up, and now there are over 115,000 and growing but I have stayed right there in top position in a VERY competitive niche which now has Google ads all down the sides and above my #1 spot but I am still killing it with this site with almost daily sales. It’s really easy to find new products (with some effort) in fact I just found a whole line of another brand just last week and added it to my Members Only Forum so my members can register them. Most of those products are not yet released, but I also registered some that have been on the market since January and they were still available with nice unique monthly search volume and a very popular product. Another way I research new products is by going to Amazon and looking at brands and then typing into Google for example: Panasonic Product numbers, such as televisions blu ray players drills, specialized tools, toys, or whatever product line you are interested in. I also did searches for new toys for 2011 and toy fairs to see what was new. With a bit of time spent researching you can find some real gems. There are also trade shows for all sorts of products that are held throughout the year, and these are also great to find new products that will be launching in the future. A good example is the DEMA show which is for Scuba Diving Gear, and is held in the fall, they announce new Scuba Diving products at that show for the coming year. So think ahead, be patient, and invest in the future by researching and registering new product domains, train your mind to subconsciously recognize new products, listen to the kids to see what they are excited about, watch the news and the advertising during kids hour see what toys they are advertising to your kids and then research them. Look for trade shows throughout the year, and then do searches on those trade shows for new products, product press releases based on the subject of the show. That’s the power of thinking ahead when using Amazon and positioning yourself in a great position and ahead of the crowds. That’s why Amazon is a great choice for any beginner there are millions of products available, competition is low, and you have a massive brand behind you that people trust and you can make money with consistent effort and focus. Kickin it on Amazon Gaz Cooper Very nice strategy I have never thought of this before. It worth taking notes on this. This is well planned. I'm impress Do you book domain names with product name keywords or generic domain names as having trademark domain names is against Amazon TOS. Im guessing you use companies trademark names in your domain? Arent you at all worried about that? Hey Guys I would be lying if I said I did not have some domains with brands in them, however 98% of my domains especially the ones I register way ahead of the game do not contain brands, i go for exact product names and product numbers while leaving out the company brand such as lets say Sony, Panasonic etc. My personal view on having a brand in the domains, is some companies don't like it while others don't care, since you are promoting their brand not trying to be their brand. There are several well known AA's that admit to having brands in there domains and have had for years. Of the 25 or so domains I posted the other day for my students to register none had the brand in the domain and even today I found a new product about to launch with exact domain available that one of my Students snatched up. ( I never advise to register brands or trademarks.) I really dont have to be concerned with brands when following this technique since you can cherry pick the very best domains without having to have a brand in the domain. Kickin it on Amazon Gaz Cooper Quote: Gaz, thanks for sharing. Although I don't target Amazon, this technique can be applied to so much markets... One just has to be "in the know". Thanks for the great reminder! DTANG How about the Sony Dsc-Tx5 If I was to register this product I would register tx5.com or Dsc-tx5.com If I was into cameras I would register www.dsc-tx5.com because RIGHT NOW that domain name is available with 14,800 EXACT unique monthly searches. What that tells me is that 14800 people are searching for that exact product number every month, it also indicates that there is a very good chance they are ready to buy this underwater camera since they are searching for dsc-tx5 rather than the more generic search of "compact underwater camera" so on the surface this looks like we should do a little more research on competition but it looks good so far. Its a product number and the trademarks and brands are Cybershot and Sony which I would not use. Kickin it on Amazon Gaz Cooper Thanks Gaz! Ive already found an exact match .com for an up and coming phone. Gonna look for more Can you tell us how many pages you have per site? and how do you do your link building? Thankyou. What a great idea thanks. Guess i need to be more creative this will help . Quote: Thanks gaz. Just one last question If I may Im finding many exact match domains for model names/numbers and when I search these in google..I found that page 1 consists of review pages but none of them have the model name/number in the domain name. (theres no sites dedicated to the keyword) Normally this is a good sign, but just checking to see how hard it is to rank against these popular review sites in the serps, with a small site like the one you mention that has an exact match domain? Great idea and totally agree with the domain name ideas. A while back I had a network of TV related sites and had serial numbers for all the domains or serial numbers and a product attribute and they worked well. Using the Google keyword tool and typing in the serial number you can see what attributes they are looking for.. These are made up but an example would be: TX-120-LCD.com or TX-120-sharpfocus.com This way there are a LOT of combinations and I think this would work well with the above method too. Quote: Interesting concept. I did something similar and it paid off well. Thanks for sharing. This does work well if you're patient. On the trademark in the domain issue, you can't have trademarks in the domain as you'll risk having to turn over the site. However your trademark CAN be in the directory name. So if it's a sony tv. You cannot have: sonytvs.com/model-3838hh However you CAN have: lcdtvs.com/sony-model-3838hh Hey GazCooperOnline, Thanks for sharing this tips.But, if we use your method, we can see a lot of untapped niches.We do not know which one will get popularity, According to your experiece, when you found a 'unreleased yet products' or 'soon to be released products', you take action, how many % of the niches works and make you money? Too many niches to go into. Buying the .com, .net or .org is expensive if you gonna tap more than 20 products. Can we just use .info? Does it works the same of those who use .com? We hope to hear from you. You answer can help many warriors here... Many Many Thanks. Quote: Great post Gazza I use the following in Google to unearth some nuggets and get a jump on some. I usually win with 1 in 4 selections but I set them up on a sub domain. But as you say, patience is the key to it. Do it now and forget about it for a few months. I did really well from a laptop model and a LOTR product last year. "will be released * * 2011" or "is due for release * * 2011" Very cool little tip, thanks. Quote: Great thinking outside of the box! I really like it! Of course once in a great while it could happen that you could latch onto a product that turns out not to be well received by customers (as reflected by the Amazon reviews). Again, it would be rare for that to happen! Still, for the most part it is a solid way to get a leg up on the competition!