[Ajax] Check for similar thread before posting a new one

LibroNegro

in my version 3.8.1 say: No similar threads found. You can create a new thread and let the users answer your questions all the time.

Anyone know how fix it?

StormRoBoT

maybe this is not working on vb 3.8.1 and only work for 3.8.0

its the same for me keep on showing No similar threads found. You can create a new thread and let the users answer your questions all the time.

and its not really loading :(

bulletin

Kena said:
up! does anyone can give the code please?

without this fix the mod doesn't work !

Try same mod from 3.7.x version, it works like charm, even i am using 3.8.1 with this mod of 3.7.5 version, and it works properly without any error.

Alvaro_SG

I don't know the code, but probably is:

Find: <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>
Replace with: <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>

*1.3.2 or the version you use*

TAIFUN

Find:
Code:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>

REPLACE it with:
Code:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

save the template.

testoo

its workin for me i duno where the problem is????
can u explain it clearly @everybody here
i may help u
bye

SKYBOB

Please enable them here

vb options / messege posting and editing options / enable check for similar posting

HoneyBunny

I have installed this mod and I am using it with version 3.8.1 with no problems at all. Here is how I got it working:

1. Install the original script from the first post in this thread.
  2. Go to Admin > vBulletin Options > Messaging Posting and Editing Options > Check for similar threads?. Set this to YES.
  3. Go to Admin > VBulletin Options > Message Searching Options > Search Engine Enabled. Set this to YES.
  4. Go to Admin > VBulletin Options > Message Searching Options > Automatic Similar Thread Search. Set this to YES.
  5. If you have used a version of jquery other than 1.2.6, you will need to make a change to the mrnasesimilarthreadcheck_header template within ALL styles installed on your forum. jQuery is now up to version 1.3.x so this change will apply to almost everyone. Please refer below for the specific changes.

I downloaded the latest version of jQuery before installing this mod, which was version 1.3.2. However, the mod was originally written to use jQuery version 1.2.6. This meant I needed to change the following code in the template called mrnasesimilarthreadcheck_header.

Original code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>

Code you need to use:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>

After making this one tiny change, it all worked perfectly.