Advertise my website or Optimize first?

tomj

Hi,<br />
I have an e-commerce site selling surfing gear for the past year. I have done some advertising but do not really have search engine placement. My partner wants to advertise, I think its more important to spend our funds on search engine optimization. He also think we can learn to do it ourselves but I disagree. SEO looks like a whole job in itself. Does anyone with experience have any good ideas?<br />

Jhon

My best suggestion is to go for an SEO first. Bcoz as we know SEO is mainly based on On-Page. If your On-Page is perfect, then you don't have to struggle too hard to bring your website to the top in SERPs. Instead you can give a little push to achieve it. Even we have experienced the same problem with our client ecommerce site who sells disability products. Initially we have tried to market and brand ourself through various marketing strategies. But all our work goes in vein. Later we found that it won't works until we finish On-Page completely. After that we analyzed, planned and executed the things. Now we are at the top competing with all our major competitors in the market and also getting very traffic & sales leads.

Viviancamp

After you have finished the initial optimization of your site, you might not get the immediate push/ranking in the search engine results pages. If you need a immediate business through your site and can't wait until your site attain the top positions of organic search results, you can go for PPC ad Advertising in Search engines thereby you can get your visibility of your target audience.

PaulR

hi this site should get you some quick traffic, their are some tools as well which should help you )

vicseo

The most effective way to advertise on the Internet is
to first set up a website and publish its domain name
on major search directories such as Google.com,
Yahoo.com [at http//www.google.com/addurl/?...... and
MSN.com since 85% of Internet shoppers rely on these
search directories to provide them with goods and
services. In a sense, these search directories are a
very large Internet Yellow Pages.

Nevertheless, should your website or opening webpage
fail to contain "generic" keywords, then anyone using
such "generic" queries will not be able to discover
your website. Your domain name of your website, in a sense, will ... Google's publication guidelines. Good luck!